1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minimizer bras or sports bras?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fallingdown7, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Hi, looking for some advice from the ladies!

So, I recently measured myself and I ended up being a 40 D, which is the biggest I've ever been. I'm not a fan of bigger boobs but I don't want a reduction. It's been hard for me to look good in the clothes I like to wear (and of course the unwanted attention), so I've been wondering if I could find more confidence if they appeared smaller than they are.

I'm wondering if you've found sports bras or minimizers to be more effective and/or more comfortable? I have a sports bra on now but It's 30 C so It's too tight and has no effect (that was my size last year, hence why I needed to re-measure and consider shopping again). So I'm not sure if they'll work again. I've never tried minimizers, and didn't know if mine were too small to consider since I usually see women with DDD's wearing them.

Thanks for any help <3

#1 Fallingdown7, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
  2. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't actually know what a minimiser is; I'll have to look it up. I'm hoping to start binding since I can't stand my chest but what I usually do most days is wear two sports bras one over the other. I don't know if this helps, sorry I don't have better advice.
    (。•́ - •̀。)

3. Vapid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ask these ladies where the hell they're finding 'em because its nigh impossible find sports bras or minimizers in anything bigger than C cup in-store. I managed to find one in my DD size at a Walmart and it ended up being too tight, so be careful. If not bras, you may have to try dressing with minimizing effect (like how they say black is slimming).

4. Houdini

What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
    I think in american size i have a bra size of 36D. Not a fan myself but usually i wear normal bras cause it looks ok with my usual style. But if i wear a sports bra they definitely look smaller...But yeah there a some things i can't wear because it looks odd with bigger breasts...