1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning to ride a bicycle to a 17 year old teenager

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ConfusedguyZZ, Jul 25, 2015.

1. ConfusedguyZZ

I hope It's not off topic but I need a support/help
    Well I always wanted to learn to ride a bicycle but my parents push me so hard that I gave up. Now I want this dream come to me because I can go in any place I want . But I feel little embarrasment cuz I dont want to ride with training wheels and I dont think I gonna find a place to be alone ( or with a friend) to practice .. :help::help::help::help:

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Learning to ride with training wheels doesn't really teach you much. I would suggest that you find a quiet road or parking lot where there are not a lot of people. Start with the seat low enough that your feet can easily touch the ground, so you can catch yourself before you fall. Just start pedaling. You need momentum to keep from falling.

3. Foz

Foz Guest

Can you stand up without falling over? Then you can ride a bike.

The reasons kids have trouble learning to ride is due to the fact their motor skills are still developing, whereas yours will have developed by now.