1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she fee the same way? Feeling confused.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gardenia017, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Gardenia017

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So let's just start by saying a few months ago I got out of a long term, messy relationship. I am finally feeling ready to move on and I was so happy when I met this great girl. I felt like we just clicked and we have been hanging out a lot and I feel like she may feel the same way but I don't know how to take the next step. But then last night I was just getting weird vibes from her which made me start to worry. She is very uncomfortable when talking about relationships/sexuality so it's not like I can just openly express how I feel without scaring her off. Also she is also 19 and I'm 16 and she was talking to a mutual friend about how young I am and how it makes her feel a little uncomfortable, but I will be turning 17 in less than a week. I really like this girl and I'm afraid to mess it up but I can't stop thinking about her and what she thinks of me. I don't know where to go from here.

2. Marcy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I kinda just did the same thing. My crush is two years older than I am and really awkward and shy. I'm too young to give general relationship advice, but what I did was tell her how all my friends were asking people to a dance and then mentioned that there was a girl that I wanted to ask, but was afraid to. Then I listed off all the reasons I was afraid, like age difference and her maybe not liking me back, so I was able to find out exactly how much age difference bothered her in a relationship. I knew that by telling her I was crushing on someone I was preventing her from asking me out, but I didn't think she would anyway because she's too shy. I couldn't stop thinking about her, so I decided to take the chance and deal with the heartbreak if that was what it came to. When I told her I liked her, all I had to do was tell her that she was the girl I had told her about, which minimized the chances of me chickening out. She was really excited and she liked me back. We're dating now and we're very happy. I say ask her out. Especially if you can't stop thinking about her, you'll always wonder what might have been if you don't :slight_smile: