1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxious to Scared

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Pumpion, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Pumpion

Terrible title, I know...
    Anyway, I have felt my anxiety come up since I came out as bi for the very first time to one of my closest best friends, and she supported me. More specifically, anxiety at school, which is a Catholic school, of all the types of schools.
    Lately I've been feeling less anxious about coming to school and more scared of coming to school because I don't want to be outed and possibly bullied or discriminated against in another way, or possibly be suspended or even expelled because of what I am. But at the same time, I want to be open, but the Catholic environment...
    Idk, I just need to get this off my chest, but any advice is welcome.
    P.S. I'm not out to my parents yet, I still don't feel quite ready to tell them yet.
    Edit: I am also scared about my gender situation, being questioning, perhaps non-binary (not quite sure) but yeah
    Edit II: I just realised I have already posted about this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: sorry, but I had forgotten about that post XD

#1 Pumpion, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. Asdf333

Out Status:
    A few people
    Aye, I can only imagine how you must feel in such an unsettling situation.

From what I've learned in my psychology courses my advice is: Try to create as much distance between your personal life and what's bothering you as possible. Surely it'll be difficult as long as you have to go to this school, but once you're free to do what you want to do you can form your life yourself. Maybe you can change the school you go to if you and your parents want to?

In the mean-time you should at least have someone to talk to about your feelings. As I said... it'll be a hard time as long as you're caged in like that, but in the time remaining it's important that you open up to people you dearly trust. I am sure this will help you quite a bit :3

But keep your head up~ I am fairly sure you'll manage it all ^^

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "A hero isn't someone who is brave in battle, but someone who is scared to death and does the right thing anyway."
    - John Wayne

4. Pumpion

Thank you for your advice :slight_smile: I'm doing psychology as well, I'm in the second of four units of high school psychology. People seem to be pretty open-minded but I'm paranoid that it's just a charade and that people somehow know that I'm bi and possibly non-binary and think I'm a freak and an abomination.
    Paranoia seems to be one of the biggest things with my fear of going to school, I find myself thinking more often 'I don't want to get up' and 'I don't want to go to school'. But maybe it's just paranoia getting to me?