1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a question?..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Finny Fummy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Finny Fummy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    yeah lame title(!) i know anyways has any older LGBT members here have run away from home and dont speak to their familys cause of homophobia? just curious?

2. Leifa

I only speak to one member of my family now(my mom). The rest ignore me except my dad who likes to randomly drive to my city and show up on my door... I'm trying my best to avoid him because he treated me like shit when I was growing up, then worse when I came out. So... I moved away at 20.

3. LezzyLizzyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ran away when I was young, but it was not due to homophobia. Are you considering running away?

4. Finny Fummy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    well yea but not right now later on i deal with homophobia and religion being thrown in my face everyday. a house filled with catholics that wont listen or understand to me,their daughter but listen to a book written long ago. i just stay in my room all the day (im not allowed to have friends over or go to places with my friends or even speak to friends after school im probably not even going to be allowed in the high school dances) i dealt with all of this and i always knew i was going to run away i been saving up money everyday so some day i can finally be free instead of trapped here and create good memorys instead of the house that gifted me with bad memorys everytime i walked through the door of this cage called "home" all i want is to be happy and not feel so damaged for once. i just wanted to see if any adults gone through the same.

#4 Finny Fummy, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  5. LezzyLizzyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand that your having trouble at home. But instead of running away I would consider going to counseling, whether seeing the school counselor or a professional outside of school. was in counseling my whole life, every year in high school, I saw my counselor by myself and in a group. It helped so much to be able to talk. The other thing especially if you do that is try to ignore the things your family says. I know that is hard, but just try. Even if you have saved money, where are you going to go? You will eventually run out of money. You are still a minor, so you won't be able to get a job to pay for all your needs. You need your education so dropping out isn't even a option. I do not know where you live, but where I live here are some costs for living;
    Rent: $800 1 bedroom /1 bathroom Apartment
    Utilities: $200 at least
    Food: $300 for one person to be on the safe side
    Phone: $50
    This is no where near what I pay as an adult with a child. And I didn't just leave and assume I can take care of myself, nope I went back to my moms multiple times. It is so hard to live by yourself. Plus I am in college.
    If you are in high school now you only have a few years to go, stick it out! Then find a college, with dorms, and move. It'll be a lot better waiting, even if it doesn't seem like it now.
    Feel free to send me a friend request and send me a message. Stay strong!

6. Finny Fummy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    oh no no i do not want to run away as a minor of coarse not! even though i would LOVE to im not . and couseling? doesnt help me i tired it for two years writing or speaking out my feelings by myself helps me i cant get a professival because well my parents dont like embarrseing themselves with my saddness they rather just ignore it or get annoyed plus i was planning on leaveing at the end of college so ill be old enough. besides i lived with this for a long time even when i was 5 and this anti gay commercial played and my mom turned off the tv with digust for the gay little girl on there and told me how gay is being wrong so holding out is alright with me just one day im leaveing and there wont be coming back even if im homeless and alone and have a weak body that i cant hold a plastic cup i will know that i accomplish my dream to be free.

#6 Finny Fummy, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015