1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety and depression

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by That one girl, Jul 30, 2015.

1. That one girl

I'm female 17 and I have now been out for 3 years as bisexual... However I have only toldy parents, my mom, and my 4 best friends who shall remain anonymous.
    I need to talk about it with someone and my parents refuse... They just get so mad at me and I don't know why. All my friends seem uncomfortable whenever I bring it up and my dad told me I should get a therapist so I said yes and he never did it... I feel depressed... I feel anxiety... I just feel so... I don't know. I think I have a serious mental illness because I've contemplated suicide almost every day since I came out. I thought this was supposed to take away all the stress I was feeling but it's tearing my friendships and my family apart... That's why I signed up on this website. I thought I could talk to someone who gets me. I want to do it in real life though... I want someone to talk to. If I tell anyone else I will get in trouble. You see, I like the show pretty little lairs and my mom thinks I'm "gay" (I'm bisexual) because there is a lesbian girl on the show. I knew way before I even started watching that show and she just won't listen. Nobody will... And I feel like crap because of it.

2. Really

Hey there That one Girl,

Do you know about Qmunity? It's the lgbt resource centre downtown but they have a website you could check out. I've only been there once but the one time I was there there were a number of young people hanging around and I could here young voices at some gathering in another room. According to the website they offer free counselling. I don't know if it's just in person or over the phone or via email but certainly worth a look.

Vancouver Pride is on shortly and last year they had a booth at the beach where the parade ends. You might want to check the other booths too just out of interest. It's totally non-threatening. It's just like a mini festival at the beach. All very open. People jogging or cycling by on the path by the beach. Dogs, kids, families. You can just walk around. Oh, and a musical performance, I think. I didn't stick around; it was super hot that day.

I hope you'll give one of these a try. Good luck!

3. Posthuman666

I really recommend going to the aforementioned LGBT center. They will have lots of resources and they can help you, even if your parents won't. There will be lots of people you can meet and become friends with.

Just remember that who you are is okay, and that things may be rough, but being yourself is worth it in the end.