1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expressing Fem Side

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by quit160, Jul 30, 2015.

1. quit160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I'm mostly new on here. I had a question.. for a long time as a gay guy in the closet -from 7th grade to 2nd year university - I completely squashed out any inkling of feminine behavior in my expressions/actions because I was so paranoid of being identified by my friends as being gay. The thing is, I remember in 6th grade or so, being on the trajectory of being feminine, and so I repressed myself in the following years out of fear and self-hate.. I think even straight guys have a lot of feminine qualities, and yet here I am, a gay person, without any feminine qualities to show for. Sometimes I feel a bit broken and very far from who the real me is. I was wondering if any of you guys/girls had suggestions for exercising that fem side not to be scared to come out. Thx very much

2. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Take it slow, yo. repression is not handled overnight. Try something a bit feminine, maybe in private if it helps you be more comfortable, and even when your mind cringes and recoils, keep trying, and try to concentrate on those things you push down and just tell yourself "I'm okay, this is who I am."

Hope that helps, it does for me, but that is just me.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    do small things, small feminine things, it can help you feel better.

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I actualy like feminine guys, so if you're being yourself then you would get my attention :slight_smile:

And I'm in Edmonton so we're only 3 hours away (*hug*)

#4 Jax12, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  5. quit160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really appreciate the responses, all three are great! I'm already feeling better. Thanks you guys :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 05:19 PM ----------

and actually, I just wanted to say about this post, it's funny.. for so long I've associated being feminine as being attached to being rejected by society and all sorts of other negatives, so it has blown my mind to think that there can be something as positive as love to come of being feminine. Thanks for sparking that!