1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to parents and super scared...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Megan335, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Megan335

SO in my last thread I mentioned I told my therapist that I am pretty sure I am transgender and I want to be a girl. Well now I told my parents the same thing, I first told my mom in the car and I really felt like jumping out of the car and she told my dad and ever since I have been locked up in my room for hours petrified. They took it well, I mean they were shocked but could have gone a lot worse.

It's just now they know this, I am not sure how to proceed with my life really. I see my therapist earlier than usual (tomorrow) because idk what to do and maybe she could offer some good options or like a path for me to follow I guess.

So I have personally considered HRT. Seems like a good option a lot of other trans people go for and seems to work out pretty well(although I don't know any other trans people, I just looked it up). So I might discuss that but still really scared about how people might accept me at school and I am afraid I will be laughed at and no one will be friends with me.

In the mean time my mom has asked me questions like "do you feel feminine? Do you want to wear womens clothes?" I mean I suppose that the first question was more complicated for me. yes I would like to be feminine at some point meaning becoming a girl and having people see me that way, but right now in this body I don't feel very feminine, I just want to be a girl so I can be a bit more like that and not be looked at weirdly in public. With the clothing, I have thought over what I might want to wear when I get farther in HRT if I do it, but at the moment dresses and skirts don't seem to appeal to me much, I just don't want people thinking I am some really girly girl and that I put on like a ton of make up and wear exposing clothes or what ever. I think that I will settle for what some girls at my school do, some nice jeans and shirt and a tank top occasionally with a cute hat or beanie.

At the moment though I am pretty scared and was wondering if any other trans people could offer some advice....

Thanks guys/gals,

Megan

2. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am not a trans person and nor do I feel in any way adequate to address your questions on the next step.

However, i would like to congratulate you on the courage you demonstrated in coming out! I too came out while my parents were driving the car... afterward I thought perhaps not the most ideal location haha but they knew something was bothering me and I thought well I wanted to do it soon why not then?