1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANNOT focus because she's always on my mind!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by username41489, Jul 31, 2015.

1. username41489

Hey!!

So I wrote in another thread that I have been crushing on a straight coworker for the past few months now. It's gotten more intense over the past 2 weeks because she and I have been talking more and I've been helping her deal with the drama that's been happening in our research lab. Yesterday she called me and asked to meet to get coffee bc she wanted to talk...

She told me she'll be leaving the lab to finish her PhD elsewhere in the school, bc the drama has driven her to that point. I'm happy for her bc I want her to be happy and succeed, but I'm also REALLY going to miss her. I know deep down that this is going to be good for me so I can stop thinking about her but now I'm even more crazy!! I couldn't get anything done at work today so I left. This is getting bad guys, I need to finish well so I can graduate and get a good job!

How do I control my thoughts? I fantasize way too often. I don't know if it's because I've never actually been with a girl in an intimate way. I've just fallen in love with 1 and had a few crushes here and there. Anyone know what to do? Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I personally have never lost consistent focus because of my attraction to someone, however I have lost focus due to other reasons that have interrupted my life.

So onward with some relatable advice (maybe?)

Try to address your feelings in more concrete forms than thought. Writing down your emotions can be enlightening because then you notice patterns and connections and sometimes it's easier to accept reality that way. Since she is leaving it seems that a close relationship at this point would be difficult.

Also writing down what you want to accomplish is a way to set goals to make it easier to get tasks you want done during the time you allot them.

Hope that helps!