1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help about asylum stuff

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Frans, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Frans

hey people

Im looking for asylum because my family abuse psychologically of me for being LGBT.
    Does anybody know anything about these kind of thing ? I don't really know how this work or if its even possible.

My story: im 23 years old, i live in chile, south america, high % of country is homophobe (to the point that i had to move to another city so i could go outside because I was getting beaten/insulted/spitted on streets too often), my parents are religious homophobes, the moment my mother found out I was a transgender/crossdresser she started to be really mean to me, telling me how much of a failure i am at life, that she should had beat me when I was younger so I would learn to not be a fag. Since Im a homophobe too, I like to hurt myself to scare the bad influences away of my head (and it works, i quit crossdressing from time to time because i know its bad because it makes me hurt myself).
    I seriously think about killing myself from time to time.
    In 2 weeks is my birthday and every birthday for the last 6 years I have hurted myself pretty bad, Im scared now since this has been one of my worst years.

2. fragileflame

I personally do not know how it works. However, since I see you have internet access you can probably look it up. I will try to do some research and come back to this forum in a few. I want to say I am sorry for how you are being treated, and I really hope you can get somewhere much safer for you. So you can begin to accept yourself and love yourself like never before.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2015 at 11:28 PM ----------

Still fragileflame here, is there any way I could get your age so I can get more accurate information to give you?

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2015 at 11:32 PM ----------

Just by doing a quick little google search I was able to find this...

UNHCR - Chile

Hopefully this a start to your new and better life! I wish you luck, please keep us all updated! (me specifically!!)

3. Frans

Im 22, soon to be 23.

Im not sure whats that site you left, I tried to read it but it gives not any specific information, and Im not concentrated enough to read something in english.
    Anyways it seems it only allows asylum in south american countries, which is like the worst idea i have heard.

4. fragileflame

May I ask what language you speak? so I could get the information in your preferred language so you can understand it.

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you already live in Santiago?

It is best to be in a large urban city where you will find more of a network of LGBT people and places to go.

If you really have to move to another country, you should research
    which countries would accept you
    and what criteria need to be fulfilled in order to qualify in each country.

This probably means a lot of time on Google.

You may find Spanish speaking destinations your best bet. Buenos Aires, Madrid ...

6. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You will not be able to claim asylum anywhere. Chile is not a 'third world country', it is one of the most developed countries in South America and homosexuality is legal and they have passed a civil unions bill. You can only claim asylum if you come from somewhere like Uganda where the government persecutes homosexuals.

Move to a more liberal area/big city.

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately, it's going to be difficult to claim asylum if you live in Chile, since your country is not considered a hostile place for LGBT people. I think it would be better for you to research what is available for LGBT people within your country. Have a look for support groups and organisations, even if they are some distance from your home. Moving to a more tolerant region within your country will be much easier than trying to claim asylum to leave.

8. Frans

I can write and read english, but my speaking isnt the best, still I can communicate with people who speaks english.

Yes, I moved to Santiago this year because before I was living in a VERY homophobe country (I was even failing my classes because teachers knew I was "different").

This country is all fucked up, those are just meaningless laws, doesnt change the fact that the minimum wage is 1.75usd per hour, or that lgbt are getting killed every week.
    I probably already live in the best city in South America, but that doesnt change the fact that I will eventually get killed or kill myself.

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2015 at 11:48 AM ----------

I already live in a "tolerant" place, that doesnt change the fact that my parents hates me and I have to still live with them. In case I openly accepted my transgenderism, I would get kicked and had to live in the worst part of the city and get killed in few weeks.

Also support groups are just to meet people who is going to kill themselves.

9. Frans

any help ? :frowning2:

10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are quite determined to leave Chile, I can only suggest you contact the embassies or consulates of those countries you would like to move to. If asylum is an option, you really need to go through the proper channels, so making contact with the embassies would seem to be a first line of enquiry. In Chile, I'm guessing most embassies will be based in Santiago, but you should be able to call or e-mail.

11. Frans

Thanks ! :grin: