1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling crummy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stimpacks, Aug 3, 2015.

1. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is this guy at work who everyone hates for a good reason. He treats our patients like crap. I got a whole list of the things he has done. A year ago he came to my house and threatened me. He got fired, my boss told me that but she lied. He starts working full time recently. So when I had to go down to the office, he tried to talk to me. I told him in a normal tone, don't talk to me, I don't like you. He gets angry and tells me to step outside. He does this multiply times and finally goes outside. He comes back inside and gets in my face, tells me anytime anyplace. I flipped the table got in his face and left. All the staff members were on my side but I feel so crummy. Disappointed in my self for flipping the table in front of everyone. I havn't told my family what happened because I don't want them to get involved or scared because he might come by my house and because I don't want to disappoint them too. Every time something like this happens they are the ones always helping me out. Everyone I talked to told me I did the right thing but I don't feel like I did. I should have just not said anything in the first place.

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If we're being honest, I might've done the same thing. Its a terrible thing to give in to your anger but at the same time, its terrible to bottle it all.

That being said, I think it was a lot healthier for you to let it slip once in a while as long as you try and keep it under control, maybe try some breathing exercises next time or count to 10. I personally try to take a 5 minute break from situations to sit back and think about my next action. If I can't get away from the problem for 5 minutes I count to 10.

I can't speak about your life but in my experience, my family has seen me at my worst. I'm sure your family is worried about your safety and cares for you. Sometimes its good to let them know what's up but also remind them that you are growing up and you might be able to handle it on your own, its also nice to let them know just to keep them in the loop.

Don't be afraid to ask your family for help when things get too tough. They care for you.

Hope everything goes well for you.