1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of enrolling in this course?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChloeKiss, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I am going to be doing a Diploma Of Beauty Therapy course in around a Months time but for some reason I am so nervous to enrol. I am scared it's not going to end up being what I wanted and i'm scared i'm going to be studying alongside petty little bitches when I go to Brisbane for the Practical parts of this course. Some people totally disgust me you know? I made a thread about this course awhile ago.. and I know some of you really tried your best to help me but I just don't know how to shake the nerves! Maybe after I start it wont be as bad as I seem to imagine it will be? I just want it to be smooth sailing and not have to deal with assholes. I suffered from Social Anxiety for years and it's all because I am too fucking sensitive. I don't have it as bad these days but it's still there. I feel so alone.

I just wish I had a way out of my head sometimes.. I feel trapped. I basically scream at myself in my mind ''Go Chloe! Do something with your life, don't let anyone or anything take away your rights!'' But my fucking anxiety.. it's not that easy. I may need a counsellor to help me along the way. All i've got to help me at the moment is my exercise and medication. Please give me some advice if you can. Thank you. x

#1 ChloeKiss, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have any advice, but can say I sympathize.

This, along with a few other things, is pretty much what I'm agonizing over.

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

:frowning2: well.. I guess understanding gives me comfort! It's so messed up how life can feel like hell when it's not suppose to for some people. I guess the starving kids in other countries have it way worse then me. It doesn't mean I don't know what suffering is like mentally though.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's maybe a question of weighing up whether the course feels right for you ( strategically/ life path etc) in which case go for it and deal with the fear later.
    If you let fear shape everything you do you will end up doing nothing.

5. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

That's true bingo! Thank you heaps.. I guess I was just venting. I might find a potential girlfriend at this course who knows. Things will be fine I just need to stop overthinking things. Plus I had a rather traumatic experience at my last job so that doesn't really help me.