1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having doubts..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by KeithWulf, Aug 5, 2015.

1. KeithWulf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys. So long story short, after YEARS of feeling male on the inside I decided to start my ftm transition 5 days ago.
    I know this is still something I want to do.. I'm just afraid of how I'll look, how hormones will affect me, the judgmental things people are saying holds me back..
    I'm just not sure if what I'm doing is right. Most of the time I feel like it is, but I just can't help feeling doubtful and afraid

2. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I dunno if I'd be any help, but I do know how troubling it is to go through a big change and the consequences of that change. You've got to learn to keep yourself from being timid about what others think about you. It can be hard, but sometimes, it definitely has to get worse before it gets better. It also doesn't help to experiment a little here and there to find out what works for you. I've experimented with things in the past that I wouldn't think twice about today, as I knew it would help in the future just to know what does and doesn't work for me.

Remember that it's okay to go into a no-win situation like other's prejudices, as you can't change what other people hold true to them selves, and you definitely don't have to change yourself to fit other people's biases. Trust me, I've been in that kind of situation via sites like Encyclopedia Dramatica. I was afraid to be myself because everyone was fighting each other over their own biases and I'd just be an easy target, which I became anyway, but that's another story. I'm getting off track.

Just remember that you are who you are, and you don't need to change for someone you don't agree with. Be who you want to be. I hope this message was in some way helpful to your issue. If you ever have any doubts, you can rely on your friends here on EC to help you out. :icon_bigg