1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I motivate myself?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jax12, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this past year has been quite a roller coaster, but now (and gladly) I've changed my focus to something far more important, and that is my career.

I've always wanted to be a paramedic, but with anxiety and lack of motivation in the way, I've been getting difficulties being both physically and mentally prepared for it.

I guess what I'm asking is how do I motivate myself? I'm taking some course right now to become a lifeguard, and the long term goal is to be a paramedic. I lack self motivation in a lot of things, but I'm almost positive that paramedic is the job I want to go for because I've always wanted to help people and be at the front line. My biggest issue is probably screwing up (anxiety of course).

2. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sure you'd become a wonderful paramedic. Just tell yourself that you can do it. Believe in yourself and tell yourself that you /can/ become a paramedic. That's what I usually do to motivate myself..I believe in you. (To be honest, I was going to slip in a Shia Labeouf Just do it thing..I don't know many ways of motivation, but those ones that I listed helped me motivate myself. I hope they work for you, Jax)