1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this weird?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by seek, Aug 7, 2015.

1. seek

seek Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I just had an epiphany, and I am not sure how I feel about it. Please note that the following isn’t a crisis or a big deal. It is just a thought.

Does anyone else not enjoy anonymous sex? Or is it less than what they expected?
    Since the start of the year, I have been active in my gay sex life. Before that, I ignored my urges (that’s a story for another day).

Anyway, the first guy I met with was supposed to be a one-off kind of thing. None of us expected it, but we have since became good friends – with occasional sex. When we met we chat, hang out and enjoy each other’s company. We do what two normal friends do. It’s not just about the sex.

I have met other guys too, with the intention of then being a one-time thing. That’s all they ended up being. I know it is only handful of guys, but I have now been with 7 men. Of these, my best experiences have been with the first guy who is now a great friend. To be honest, I don’t really enjoy the anonymous hook up/one night stand. Most times there is no conversation and just starts with sex.

Does this make me weird? I am a young, in my early 20s. Shouldn’t I be wanting as much anonymous, NSA sex as possible? Or am I expecting too much from these hook ups- I know I was REALLY lucky to have made a great friend from my first time? Am I being a fool for comparing all my sexual activities to the times I have been with my now close friend?

2. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't think it's weird at all.
    When you have sex with the same partner multiple times, you get to know each other and your preferences, and it gets better each time, while with anonymous sex, you're starting over again every time.

It's completely natural to be looking for intimacy, and I think it's better that you get to experiment with someone you trust :slight_smile:

I don't think that just because you're in your 20's, you should be wanting anonymous sex. There's no corriculum to follow, you have to do what works best for you. If having sex with one guy over and over again works better for you, then that's the way to go :slight_smile:

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not weird at all, in fact it's completely normal. I haven't enjoyed any of my random NSA one night stands. When you're with a partner many times you got to know their intimacy preferences and it makes it feel more special. (IMO)