1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I find a boyfriend? Please help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CraikNakes, Aug 8, 2015.

1. CraikNakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ey yo, I'm currently 17 and haven't had any luck finding a boyfriend which is really tough for me because im such a romantic. My one true goal in life is to find true love (I'm really not expecting to find it right away I'm just trying to go with the flow). But regardless of all that I am very lonely,and have never been in a real relationship I haven't even had my first kiss yet! There are practically no gay/bi guys at my school and the ones who are, I've either already tried or really have no interest. Its easy to find effemine gay guys but while I'm pretty effeminate myself I'd prefer not to date one but I'm not super picky either. Ill be turning 18in October so I figure thatll make it easier. I live in a college town so there are lots of hot college guys :grin: and I know I need to put myself out there I guess but don't know how. Can anyone help me?

2. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    While I can understand that it gets lonely and that you might want someone to share it with, I don't think you should get a boyfriend just to have one. It should be because there's this one guy you're crazy about and want as a boyfriend, not because you want to have one and there's some guy who might be suitable, if that makes sense.

That being said, I think you are right that you should put yourself out there. Maybe attend a few parties or happenings, or maybe trying online dating to get to know likeminded people.
    Good luck :slight_smile: