1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! i'm flipping out!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gamer4now, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok so i had joined a LGBT group on imessage (iphone) and i just realized its going to show up on the phone bill. I'm especially worried because my step dad is really strict on budget. I dont actually know if he checks it and it scares me!:eek::eek::tears: I left the group a while ago since it wasnt much help at all. I wanted a reason to come out but not like this! :eek:

2. InLoveWithAGirl

Wow yah definitely not ideal.

Depending on how he is, maybe you should sit down and talk with him. Get to it before he does ya know? That way he knows you were intendin to tell him and were not beig rude, you just weren't sure how to do it

3. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Please, calm yourself. Maybe at a desperate time like this you should just come out before your father sees the bill. He'll find out anyway, so, why not get it out of the way early? You need to have courage in yourself if you are to accomplish this, though. Try making yourself as calm as possible before telling him. It's always best to come out with parents first, anyway. This could be your chance to keep on your father's good side about who you are! Remember what your signature says: "To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage." You need this moment to prompt you to make your life-changing decision. Also remember that if anything goes wrong in the plan, you can consult your friends here at EC.

4. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since you don't know this i don't blame you but my step dad is my mortal enemy hes the bane of my existence. Hes catholic and homophobic too, idk what to do and if i tell him or my mom now, how will i know if they even do check it. I wish i just had someone to talk to in person but i cant find anyone trustworthy. Im sorry if im treading off topic im just seriously scared.

5. InLoveWithAGirl

Wow dude nah that sucks! Feel free to talk.

Since he is so homophobic maybe wait? The main problem though would be if he saw it and wondered why you did not tell him and get even madder.

Is your mom homophobic? Maybe start with her and ask her to help you with your stepdad

6. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I was worried about this...Maybe it's best to try to tell your mother first and have her consult your stepfather? It's not the best, with the possible outcomes, but it's the only option that seems to work. I've gone through this issue many times in my head so far, and it always seems that talking to your mother about it first and having her be your defender is the best possible option. I seriously wish there was better I could do to help other than advice, such as being there for you in person, but I can't. I feel really bad and really sorry for you for getting in this almost no-win scenario. We've just got to make the best of what we have.

7. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well i grew up awesome house 2 sisters and my parents divorced when i was like 2 or 3. when she got remarried when i was 8-9 we had to move from all my friends and school. Once he thought is was "ok" to be himself now that they were married he controlled every move in the house and this made me miserable to the point to where i dont talk to him unless he talks to me first so "Speak only when spoken to".

Thats the short version i have my full story in coming out advice or if you can find it on my profile idk.

So yeah my life is awful:tears::tears:

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2015 at 10:15 PM ----------

:bang::tears:My gut is eating itself right now

8. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Please, have faith! We really need for you to believe in yourself if you are to come through this situation with the least amount of emotional damage. Just believe! That's all I can say!

9. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think i am going to say anything... there's not much they can do to bring me down anymore i don't like living in this house anymore and i haven't for a while...

10. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Omg lol i looked into the app i was using and it doesn't show up on the phone bill thank goodness i appreciate the help though ill need it idk if i want to stay in my home anymore or to call child services. As much as it pains me to even think of it in the long term it seems like a better idea, its hard being miserable everyday when you wake up or get home from school.