1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Darkness of My Depression

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by benabag1212, Aug 9, 2015.

1. benabag1212

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know what to do, were to go. I know i am depressed and for a while i have been thinking of talking to a someone about it. For me its horrible i blame myself for everthing. My family thinks that i am fine and dandy. I hide it from them afraid of what they would think or say. It has gotten so bad in the past year that i have started to keep a journal that i write down everything that i am going threw during my depression. It helps but not enuf. I try to keep myself on the bright side but it always ends up going back to. The other day i took a quiz online and it said that i am Severely Depressed or Bipolar. I wish that i wasn't depressed. I have thought so many bad things its horrible . Their isn't a day that goes by that i don't think of it. I have thought of things that would help that seem like the answer but they are not. For now it is just helping to rant. for a while their my depression wasn't that bad then it got bad and then went away and then it came back and bit me in the but.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Journalling is a good idea.
    Telling someone that you trust (family or friend) so there is someone in real life who can be there for you is also worth thinking about.
    If it is seriously affecting your life, talking to your doctor also seems appropriate with regards to therapy or meds
    Are you at a school/college that has a student counsellor ?? That might also help take things forward

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, there. First, have a hug. (*hug*)

I want you to know that depression, awful though it is, is a curable illness. With time and a bit of effort and help, it is definitely curable.

I'd like it if you can take a few minutes to watch this video. It really helped me gain insight on what I was dealing with and why I was feeling the way I was.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCrniLQGYc

I'd like to say that you're really brave for reaching out here. :slight_smile: You can rant as much as you want. (*hug*)

And as bingostring^ said, a student counsellor could be a good start.

If you ever want to rant or talk a bit, my wall is open, too.

Take care. You matter!

x

4. benabag1212

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    their is a counsellor but it went bad she sent letters home saying that i was at risk for self harm and then my mom got on my case and said it was because of a dog i owned before she passed she told me to get over it. it made it alot worse. my mom still thinks i am fine. thank you tho you helped out.

5. vamonos

You have to be careful when talking about depression. They could lock you up.

I spent my high school years locked up in a boys home for at-risk youth. I got a lot of sex. Maybe that's not a good example.

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I understand. Counsellors have a right to do that if they have reason to believe that an underage person is in danger of themselves or from others.

Have you considered talking to your parents? There's no shame in what you're feeling.

hugs

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2015 at 06:59 PM ----------

This is not common. I understand your concern, vamanos, but I don't think that is a likely scenario or any reason to worry.

7. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going through a similar time, and my family until recently haven't believed in depression. They are religious, and while I am not putting down religion, I just can't pray the depression away. Yes, journaling is a really good idea, and you're welcome to vent here as well. If it helps, then keep doing it. Also, in my experience, creative outlets (if that's your kind of thing) can temporarily help. Art and music. It's not for everybody, but if it helps, go for it. It's a really tough time, and it's hard to help someone get through it, but people here can be very helpful and we'll listen.

Yeah, the counselling thing is extremely irritating. A counsellor told my mom about me having self-harmed four months before telling her about it. And it caused unneccessary drama and after being clean for a while, I did it again. I don't know if cousellors can be trusted..