1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

body image...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by scctke, Aug 10, 2015.

1. scctke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have a lot of body image issues, when you think about it and even when my doctor talks about it he isn't worried about my weight. Just slightly overweight, nothing to be concerned about. however in my mid I am way to fat for someone that I would like to be attracted to no matter how much I work out or diet can’t lose weight (I was in basic training for the army and barely lost anything until I got injured and lost all my progress). the people that I am attracted are the fit Bromo type guys that I would never see liking me... my self confidence is high when I look at myself in the mirror but when I get around other more attractive people it goes in the tank. I really just needed to rant for a second.

2. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may sound cliche but do you really want someone who wouldn't want you just because you have a few extra pounds? Gay men have a problem with body image and eating disorders a lot. Don't let that suck you in or make you think no one would want you. I know it's a different story with me being female but I'm overweight and always felt self conscious about it. I've had a few relationships now despite that. But if someone really sees who you are then they won't care.

#2 troubleshooter, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The issue isn't really that a person wouldn't want you. Who cares about those people?

The issue is why you think a person wouldn't want you.

People have a vast variety of preferences. I personally am not that into muscle guys and do like guys with a little more weight to them. :icon_wink If you are comfortable with how you look and feel, that alone will attract people. You would be surprised.

I have good days and bad days regarding my body image. If I wear clothes that I feel comfortable in and/or compliment my figure, I feel a lot better and more confident. Even something as simple as cleaning up my beard to be more defined makes me feel a lot better about myself. I still struggle a bit with wearing a little tighter of shirts since it does show my stomach, or 1-pack as it were. :wink: But in general, if you believe in yourself, you will go far and find the right person. :slight_smile:

(*hug*)