1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I'm trapped!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ForeverLost, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ForeverLost

Long story short: My mom found out I was transgender and she shot it down, saying I wasnt trans, bringing religious reasons into it. She thinks I'm doing it for attention when I clearly stated that I wasnt doing this for attention in my coming out letter that she stole from me. She now restricts me from any LGBT things (like books, articles, and videos). She doesn't realize she's hurting me and I really hate her for that. I read somewhere that this can be called mental abuse...

I want to tell someone but I'm afraid that they'll have the same reaction she did. I dont even know who to tell! I dont feel safe at all in my house and I need help. I don't know what to do next and I think I'm getting depressed because I am showing signs of depression... Please help!!

2. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How old are you? Are you in school? Talk to a counselor or maybe if you can a manage try calling something like the Trevor Project. It's natural to be depressed in this situation! I don't know anyone who wouldn't. Do You have any friends you mkght confide in too? Even so this is a nice support site you can utilize as well. -hugs- I'm sure things can get sorted out honey, even if it takes a while.

3. ForeverLost

@troubleshooter I'm in 8th grade. I have 4 friends who know and accept me... And thank you. *hug*

#3 ForeverLost, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015