1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More questions/feelings on my gender. help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MidnightStar, Aug 12, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's weird because I still don't want to consider myself a male or female well I don't mind being called female but I would rather not consider myself an actual female to make it more clear. I'm becoming increasingly terrified because I'm expressing myself in a masculine ways that I've never been able to before.

I found myself extremely excited to get a binder and even more excited to know that when I do I will probably be able to pass as what the f*** is this person's gender!? which for strangers who don't know me I kind of enjoy them not knowing. back to binders: Is me getting excited over wanting a binder normal? And I'm excited to the point where I actually smiling and I never smile.

Another question that's kind of important to me even though I haven't decided. If I was a guy would that be weird if I said I don't necessarily wish to identify with being called a male or be seen as a completely masculine guy? I would consider myself still fluid but I question am i denying what I'm feeling. Does anyone have any advice or answers to these questions of mine? :icon_redf

2. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nah you ain't weird. Lots of guys aren't really masculine, masculinity makes not a man. And maybe you're more like a not-completely binary gender similar to male, who knows? Either way yous normal

3. KayJay

I don't think you're denying what you're feeling at all. It's actually great you're able to analyze how you feel and explore that, while also expressing yourself to see how that will feel.

If you're not particularly fond of a male identity and don't really care for identifying and being identified as a female, you're definitely in the non-binary spectrum, somewhere. There's quite a few labels that could match with what you are feeling, unfortunately I'm not well versed in each identity and it's specific meanings but I'll list a few you may wish to look into to see what you may identify with the most. I think agender or genderqueer may be the two you should look into, at least from my understanding of those two labels compared to what you've said in your post.

There is nothing wrong with wanting a binder :slight_smile: so I wouldn't worry about that part, especially if it makes you happy. Being hopeful that people can't gender you is also an indicator you might not really feel alligned with either binary gender.

Gender is definitely complex, especially when both identity and expression are concerned. Being alright with identifying as male but not being seen as one seems the same as your situation now but swapped genders. So I definitely don't think it is weird or means you're transgender, as you don't necessarily seem to feel like a boy or care if you're seen as one. I'm not sure if by denying your feelings you meant you might be trans but I added in my thoughts on it as well, just in case :slight_smile:

#3 KayJay, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015