1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I keep trying to be happy?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ATtappman, Aug 14, 2015.

1. ATtappman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    *sighs* I'm becoming terribly depressed again. Which is extremely disappointing for a multitude of reasons, all of which I'm sure none of you want to hear (A.K.A lots of backstory)...

I guess I'm just writing this post because I don't know where else to turn. I feel like every time I try to pull myself out of a rut, it works for a bit and then I come crashing down, over and over and over... It's incredibly discouraging. Every phase of my life ends with me telling myself how stupid and terrible and worthless I am. Every time I make a bunch of progress, and then I watch it all be undone. Sorry for being so dramatic....

I've been seeing a therapist for almost two years, I'm on medication; I just don't know what else to do. This is so hard.

2. Hopeful

Hey fellow NH person!
    Why do you keep trying to be happy? Because you deserve it! Everyone should have happiness in life - with the ups and downs of course.
    What's going on with you right now? What's bringing you down? Maybe a new therapist would help?