1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gamer4now, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently since school has started I can't stop thinking about my crush. I see him in the halls and at lunch and it hurts to know that hes straight since he dated a couple girls last year. I have had at-most a dozen dreams with him in them and the most recent one last night, where he was flirting with me and i was blushing. Its especially annoying because i have so much time and both my parents work so all i think about is him. I know its normal, but i need to get over him. Its even worse since i pass him almost every class i go to and we have P.E together. I really don't know what to do. :icon_sad:

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ah, the age old struggle of straight crushes.

A quick tip to help you out, it sounds like you need some kind of hobby? Perhaps picking up a sport? Learning a new language? Do something that excites you? Meet new people and make new friends. If he's straight, there's not much you can do. Try to distract yourself with other things.

It'll take time to get over him and this is about the best thing you can do.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Ariseta. Look into what extracurriculars your school offers and if anything sticks out as interesting, give it a try. If you have to be at home, see if there's anything you can do there--art, writing, even video games.

Also, try not to assume other people's sexuality. Just because he's dated a couple of girls doesn't mean he's straight. He may very well be, but assuming people's sexual orientation by anything else than what they identify as--including past dating history--is a faulty system.

4. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do play soccer and it hasnt started yet but will in the fall its just hard.

And tbh i'd rather tell myself hes straight then think hes bi, gay, or etc. and think i have a chance. And i have checked clubs but nothing suits my fancy thanks though guys! <3