1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to feel

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Colorora, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Colorora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I'm bisexual and have been out to many of my friends and family (who are all SUPER supportive, my best friend even helped me come out) but my friends always refer to me as half straight. Please, I can not stress enough how supportive they are. The problem is, it doesn't bother me, should it? Should I ask them not to call me that? Is it bi-erasure? Can I get a second opinion?

2. Lyana

Hey, Colorora,

I would advise against letting someone else tell you what you're supposed to feel. Some people could talk all day about bi erasure and biphobia, but we really can't tell you what you should find offensive or not. If it doesn't bother you, and your friends are supportive, then... why create problems where there are none?

I've been told once in the past that half of me was straight. It made me laugh more than anything. I've also been asked, "How gay are you?" and instantly replied: "50%." If it's a joke -- or, hell, even if it isn't --, it really doesn't have to be offensive.

3. Colorora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks, I wasn't sure whether to correct them or not.