1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a point to giving up?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gamer4now, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In school I've heard a lot of bad things and at home too, talking about gay people in a negative way like "gay ass mofo" and all other sorts. I usually stay far out of these conversations but what if someone suspects. I'd be lying to myself if I said those things but Im really concerned. I Have been making good grades in school but I don't know if it really matters since I'll grow up and be shunned from my own species. I can't get over all the thoughts running through my head it might be puberty adding to my regular emotional self but i don't know what to do anymore. I try to be happy and stay away from my homophobic stepfather to the point where my mom and I were at the mall and I begged that I didn't want to go home. The only way I seem to be happy is to be out of that godforsaken hell hole. I try to think "live like there's no tomorrow" and all the underdog thoughts but I'm past trying. I'm at the point where I'll do anything someone asks me even if I don't like it.

Sorry to maybe be confusing just depressed like actually I think I'm depressed thanks for reading :tears::icon_sad:

2. levi2000

If you think you're depressed, please tell a trusted adult, maybe your mother, about how you feel. This is the first step to feeling better about yourself and about life.
    Good luck!

3. mangotree

I'm sorry to hear that you feel depressed. Keeping a large personal secret to yourself can be very tiring can't it.

Is there a particular reason why you think that you need to please everyone?
    Is there a particular reason why you think you need to fit in to be liked?

4. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a people pleaser because I want to fit in. I was bullied in grade school and I'm in a very homophobic surrounding. I feel if I told them I'd be a disappointment and I couldn't live with that. The only thing keep my my head above the water is this site. Other than that I accept myself for being gay I just don't want to think about what might come next.