1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else feel like accepting their gay more about life than sexuality?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZeCoop, Aug 19, 2015.

1. ZeCoop

ZeCoop Guest

I feel like right now that Once I am openly and accepted as being gay that I will be raw, exposed and the fairytale world I live in will be over.

Before, Ive always felt like the reason im depressed and felt different is because I was leading up to something (waiting to grow up? and become a confident adult) and once I get there that I will be able to go out and meet girls and have girlfriends then eventually a wife and family. But now its like... life has become so much more REAL. The thought of moving out is scary. Moving in with a girl seems like a scary but great thing to do. Moving in with a guy seems so dumb and pointless. Like we are just coasting until death. Without a women Ill never have a true family unit and so anything I do up until death will be just to keep me happpy.

I dont know, i just feel like coming out is not about sexuality - but more about coming to terms with life as a whole and understanding that I follow my sexuality to find a partner... which then means moving out, getting a house, mortgage, having someone I can trust and finding that person to grow old with. It just feels so much more real and scary :frowning2:

Im 21 and I should of been thinking about this stuff in school - but it went over my head becuase I was still hung up on trying to talk to girls and that was it really. Now I understand that everyne else worked out that stuff in year 7/8 and then by year 10/11 they was ready to start thinking about growing up and what lives to live. Ive literally JUST started seriosuly thinking about it. Ive always known this stuff was coming - but it always felt less stressful.

2. DAXIII

There is no template to life to follow. Any idea you have about "supposed to be" throw it out now. Because the truth is there is no such thing.

You are thinking that all these massive changes are going to swing the course of your life, but they won't. That part is all in your head.

Coming out is about sexuality, the "life" aspect is nothing more than a construct. You need not be shaped by it if you don't want to.

Most of the pressure you are thinking about is just you magnifying a situation. Just start with the first steps. What do you want to do with your life, how are you going to do it. Then you can start pursuing other things like a relationship.