1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I in denial? Or am I really just straight?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ScaryClosets, Aug 20, 2015.

1. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys! It's me.

Lately I have been thinking that I am in denial of being Bisexual. I guess I'm just doubting that I'm a real Bisexual and I'm fake or something. I mean, the word "straight" kind of sickens me. I feel that I'm not straight at all. Like, I don't want to be straight? If that makes sense? I mean, when I go out to somewhere I see guys looking at me, and I look at them. But I also see some girls who I like, and I just keep glancing at them until they notice me(I'm quite awkward). Most of the time when I see a girl who is very pretty, I want to be friends with them. Though, I'm pretty sure that's a crush kind of thing. I used to have a crush on my friend last year, and fantasized about her as well. (Please don't hate me after this) We used to pretend that we were Lesbian Lovers, because we were best friends. I couldn't help but feel a little bit for her, and want to be with her. Though at the time, she had a boyfriend :C. Anyway, I cringe at the word "straight" and despise it for some reason. I just know that I like both genders, but I feel in denial about it. I feel like I'm not a real Bisexual, you know? Also, my friend laid her head on my shoulder a few times and it felt really nice. I know that I will always like girls romantically, but guys sexually. I don't know, I just feel like I'm a fake Bisexual. *Sigh*

Any advice?​

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2015 at 02:31 PM ----------

Just bumping the thread....

2. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bumping the thread...

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi! It sounds to me like you are romantically interested in women. But only you know for sure.

Being biromantic is not being a "fake bisexual". Romance and sex aren't always two aligned phenonema. And if you are truly biromantic, then you are just as LGBT as me or anyone else here.

Also, just a thought: how do you think sex would work in e.g. a lesbian relationship? Is it things like that that disturb you? Maybe certain toys or so could work in that case or something.

I hope that helps at all!

4. Oh Lilac

I think it may take some experience to find out your true preferences. So for now, it sounds perfectly reasonable to label yourself as you see fit- bisexual. It is okay to change your mind about it later. Just see where it goes with various types of people to get to know who fits you best. That so what dating is all about anyway- finding the right person. :slight_smile:

5. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It doesn't really disgust me. Just the genital itself kind of disgusts me. Though, same goes with male's too. So...it's just that I see myself understanding girls more and feeling more..connected to them? As long as I'm the dominant one and I get to hold them and hold their hand, I'm fine. I don't really connect as much with guys..if that makes sense? Like, they would be a best friend type of guy to me. But for girls, I would understand them deeply and feel more connected to them I guess. It would be a best friend relationship as well. This is very hard to explain in words, sorry if it's a bit hard to understand what I mean.

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm biromantic, I know that for sure.
    Personally, my crushes on guys are different from ones on girls. It might be how it is for you.
    When I like a guy, I get the so-called "butterflies", find them extremely attractive, and act like a stereotypical anime schoolgirl with a crush.

When I like a girl, it's different. I'm drawn to them, but not in a way I can recognize it as a crush instantly- it takes time and emotional bonding to develop. It usually lasts longer than my guy crushes.

It's normal to like them in different ways, many bisexuals do, it doesn't make you more or less bi.

Genitals themselves aren't really beautiful looking. I have never had sex so I don't know how accurate this is, but sex is more about the experience than how it looks. Though, somehow I get turned off drastically with male genitals. (I'm probably 90%+ homosexual)

How would you feel about having sex with a female vs. male.

And from what you described, you aren't straight. If you can fall in love with a girl, you're probably biromantic...but don't let a label define you and choose one that you think fits best if you want to

#6 loveislove01, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015