1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to get a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lonelyjamie, Aug 24, 2015.

1. lonelyjamie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

My name is Jamie, 17 years (one month to 18), gay, and I'm from a small town in Brazil.

I'm writing because I'm feeling really depressed and lonely recently and I think it's because I'm not into a relationship with someone.

I never had a boyfriend (neither a girlfriend), never had sex, not even a kiss and this makes me sad cause I think that I'm not sufficiently good for having these experiences.

Only two guys made me really fell in love, first was my straight cousin, the second was my gay best friend. I told the second (my friend) what I felt for him but he just wanted to be friends with me and I never told the first (my cousin) that I loved him (for obvious reasons).

Sometimes all I can do is imagine myself with an imaginary boyfriend. I just want a guy to be with me and hug, kiss, cuddle and caress.

I imagine if in the future I'll be able to have this.

How can I deal with these feelings so I can move on with my life less worried?

(Sorry about any English mistakes, I'm still learning it)

With an open heart,
    - lonelyjamie

2. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought I was the only one

I never have been in love, so things are probably easier for me.

As for dealing with loneliness, well, I always daydream. Aren't you interested in moving out to a bigger city for college/university? Chances are that you will find there someone.

3. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I was younger I used to think like that as well but soon realised it wasnt the case. You're only 17, I wouldn't worry too much about it! You're still young, you'll have plenty of chances to meet guys in your lifetime. :slight_smile:

4. bookwormBRAZIL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, lonelyjamie! Nice to meet you! I'm from Brazil too, but from a different location (I live in Porto Alegre, in Rio Grande do Sul) :smilewave

Anyway, I think that this terrible feeling of lonely is completely normal, but, in my case, it only emerged when I came out to my mother and some friends. Before that, I thought that I would never have any kind of relationship because I was gay... however, when I accepted to myself my sexual orientation, instead of feeling ok with myself, I started to become really attached with the idea of entering in a relationship because it probably would vanish all the solitude I was passing before. Strange, no?

Well, the time passed and after feeling really alone and trying to find people in dating apps (unfortunately, all these experiences were not really okay), I discovered something: even though feeling lonely and wanting a boyfriend aren't something necessarily something bad, love and relationships happen when you least expect. And you are too young!
    Try to find gay people just to friendship! It is a good start. You don't really need to have a romantic relationship with them. Just go out and try to be friendly with different kind of people. Do not put much pressure into it, and enjoy our free time putting your face in the sun. You will see that your feeling of loneliness will pass....