1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe Place

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kaya-Sente, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Kaya-Sente

So when I get emotional I don't know what to do. I'd been either hiding from my emotions or ignoring them before. That method doesn't work before, it doesnt even feel like an option. When it hits me, it seems to hit hard and without mercy.

I feel happiness I've never dreamed of, but I've also been in very dark spaces. It seems to be worst when I'm 100% female (right now). I get super sad, and even when I want to cry the best I can manage maybe a tear or two. I want so badly just to be able to cry.

This is becoming ranty, I'll have to turn it into a blog post. Anyways, the point is one thing that only recently occurred to me is that when I'm sad I want a small space. The problem is, I don't really have one. I literally started hiding in my physical closet (It feels safe, I'm not trying to be literal) however even that doesn't seem "safe" enough.

Does anyone else do this? I would like to setup a safe place where (If I am able) I can hide and have my freakout. Do you have any ideas?

2. hullaballoo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I have breakdowns (like if school is overwhelming me) and I feel the need to curl up in a ball and hibernate. I close the door and ask my family not to disturb me. Then I throw all my bed covers onto my bed and roll myself up in them until I'm in a nest of warmth and the end of my bed (omg this sounds so weird). But it's the safest place for me, it's wonderful~
    Maybe find somewhere comfortable, like your bedroom or anywhere you feel safe. It's always awesome to set aside a part of your room for relaxing: like bean bags and a pillow fort XD (not exactly that but something sheltered and cosy in your room).
    Sorry I'm not much help :/
    Good Luck :grin:

3. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ignore and deny my emotions a lot. It helps me deal with my emotions to write about how I am feeling. As for the physical safe place, I like to wear puffy jackets a lot to feel safe. Wearing a puffy jacket makes me feel stronger and less vulnerable.