1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSA, High School, My Ex, and Coming out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by David21201, Aug 26, 2015.

1. David21201

My drama teacher is trying to bring back my school's GSA due to several requests of it. I, being the pansexual gender queer I am, would fucking KILL to join. The only problem is my trust in others. I worry about my mom being one of the advisors and that would prevent me from joining. Is that a concern I should express to my drama teacher?

So far I have had a shit ton of rumors going around about me and ex-girlfriend. According to everyone we are together (I wouldn't mine that) and we fuck everyday at lunch.... How the hell do I get these rumors to stop?

I feel like I should come out soon given the circumstances above. I am more or less out to part of my (girls...shoot me) tennis team with my sexuality. Those who know are pretty relaxed. I am just stressing about coming out to my family since they seem to be unpredictable when it comes to me and whether or not they accept me...

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you tried testing the waters to see how they feel about homosexuality as a whole?

3. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What? Your mother is a GSA advisor and wouldn't let you partake? That's a brand new level of hypocrisy.

Rumors will fly around no matter what you do, so you should try and learn to cope with them.

Yeah, as Ariseta said, you should try to subtly drop hints and see their opinion.

4. DeadheadPride

Well, I'm already pretty much out and rumors still fly around, so you just have to push those out of your head. As Dr. Seuss said, "Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.", so those who support you will become your most strengthened friendships. But yeah, as andimon said, try dropping hints and let that determine your attitude and willingness. I hope all goes well!

5. David21201

My parents are okay with LGBTQ+ people, but I once forgot to log out of something and they found out I was questioning my sexuality and werent happy. They threatened to send me away and some other stuff.

My mom isn't the advisor for the GSA as of right now, but she said she may help out with it. So I may not go. Also, when I began going to the high school (i'm a freshman) she took down her "LGBTQ Safe Place" sticker from her door