1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the difference?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Linus, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am Genderfluid, and I am confused.
    My mom keeps wanting me to try to explain what it feels like, when I switch between genders and such. I don't know how to explain this. Whether I'm masculine or feminine, or whatever... I'm still me. So how would you describe the difference between boy and girl thoughts/feelings? Especially if they're all your own? If there's any genderfluids reading this, I'd like advice.

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Will someone please leave some advice here? I really need it.

3. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't speak for the difference between differently gendered feelings - I don't experience that, myself. I don't feel like any particular way of thinking is gendered. I think what I think and I feel what I feel regardless of my relationship with my gender, generally speaking.

However, what does markedly change is how I feel towards my body, and being perceived as [insert gender here] because of it. Sometimes I'm more or less totally comfortable being perceived as female by the world at large, and sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I'm more or less totally comfortable with being perceived as neutral, or male (on particularly rare occasions these days, I used to lean towards male a lot more in the past). I may or may not be made uncomfortable by people perceiving me as something other than what I recognise myself to be at any given time.

Sorry if that wasn't helpful, but I figured I'd share my experience of gender fluidity and what it means to me. Hopefully some part of it might have been useful?

4. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, everything and anything helps here. :slight_smile:

5. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

I identified as genderfluid for a time and how I understood it and how it felt to me was that my gender was as fluid as water. And based on a particular day or situation, I would change my gender expression via clothing, etc to suit my perceived gender and how I wished to be addressed/seen. However, despite my femininity, masculinity and gender neutrality constantly fluctuating; at the core of things, I would remain constant. The me that liked books, rainy days and chocolate would remain the same, and think the same way. It's just that at this current moment in time, I am a He. I wish to be perceived/addressed as male because I am male.

That's just the way I saw it...I hope that helps. :thumbsup: