1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dreamt I had a boyfriend.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dt85, Aug 28, 2015.

1. dt85

dt85 Guest

I have quite vivid dreams, and last night I dreamt I was in love with a beautiful redheaded young man. I could almost feel his arms around me; it was wonderful! And then I woke up alone. I've been depressed all day.

This site has done a lot for me in the short time I've been here. I've to significant degree accepted my body and overcome insecurities I thought I'd never overcome. I've realized that I identify as a gay man and not a confused genderqueer bisexual—that's not to invalidate those identities; it's just not who I turned out to be. And I've come out to several people, including my mother and grandmother.

Now I need a man! And I have no idea what to do. I've never really dated, because I would go on a date or two with a woman and not want to touch them or ever see them again. Even that was only a few women. The closest I've been to dating a gay man is a guy twice my age trying to seduce me by telling me he slept with 1000 men in New York, and that I'm beautiful enough I could have slept with that many too. Also, a drug-addled raver boy that I used to hang out with told me he loved me.

I want a happy, healthy whirlwind romance! I don't want to wake up sad to empty sheets for the rest of my life.

2. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried online dating that is how I found my boyfriend it wasnt that hard for me and I'm only 14 you seem like an adult so it should be even Easter to find someone near you and many try going to a gay bar I havent been to one being to young and all but I know that you will be able to find someone you just need to look and I can also agree with you about how much this website has helped me this website helped me realize I'm bigendered

3. dt85

dt85 Guest

I don't know about online dating; it freaks me out a little bit. I am going to a big pride parade, but it's not happening until the beginning of October. I live less than an hour away from a large metropolitan area, so there are a lot of places to go, but I don't get out a lot, other than going to school in said city.

I thought about joining the Gay Straight Alliance at the college I attend, but my school is rife with macho jerks. The university I'm transferring to next year has an enormous LGBT resource center. I intend to be heavily involved with that group.

I'm taking 15 credit hours this semester, so I really don't have time to date anyway. I'm mostly just lonely and I needed to vent. But I will take any other dating advice anyone wants to throw my way—I have no experience.

4. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've had similar dreams where I have a boyfriend, and I don't really know how to explain it, but those dreams always have such a nice happy/warm feeling to them :slight_smile:

Also years ago I had a dream where I kissed another guy, and if felt absolutely amazing. (have had a few since then, but that first one was still something special/different)
    What I don't know is how close that dream came to what an actual kiss would feel like since I've never kissed anyone..

I really wish I had more such dreams...they're fairly rare.

5. dt85

dt85 Guest

I know! Those dreams can seem so real. It might be of some comfort if I could have one every night—unfortunately they're rare for me too.

I've kissed girls and been told I'm a good kisser, but I can barely remember those incidences.

#5 dt85, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
  6. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know, you might just browse dating websites a bit. See if there's anyone who catches your eye. Then try to make friends, if you're feeling confident. Truthfully, the dating websites freak me out a bit too, but they're worth a shot, out of curiosity, and so long ad you're careful. You're increasing your chances at least.

7. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had loads of dreams about having a girlfriend. But I don't have the guts to go out there and get one.

8. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ive had this happen one time. waking up felt like the most awful thing in the world. i cried all day when i was alone.

9. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Ahah, I never had one.
    Btw, ew to the old man trying to seduce you. Spit on his face.

10. dt85

dt85 Guest

Ha-ha, Phioo! He might like that. It really was gross—especially considering that at one point I considered him a friend and attempted to turn to him when I was more confused about my sexuality.

11. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I once had a dream where I'd met a guy/become friends, and was just about to kiss him...
    I don't remember it exactly, but I think he said something like "your dream is ending I have to go"
    As a background process I knew I was dreaming & was about to wake up (so basically a semi-lucid dream).
    I said to him along the lines of: "no _please_ don't do" (I really wanted that kiss .lol.)
    And to myself (for the background/lucid process) I was like: Nooo don't wake up yet.

I was actually able to will myself so stay asleep for just a bit longer...I can't remember if I actually got to kiss that guy, but I did atleast get to see him for a bit longer :slight_smile:

12. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could use some dreams like that myself. I don't think I ever dream, if I do, it obviously isn't good enough to remember.

13. dt85

dt85 Guest

I dream nearly every night, but it's rare that I have romantic dreams of that sort. It's happened more than once though. I wish I could live in one—at least for a little while! That or I could find a boyfriend in real life...the chances of living in my dream are probably greater at the moment :lol:.

#13 dt85, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  14. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah reality has a tendency to really suck ass sometimes.....

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh I know how you feel! One time on June 11, 2014 I woke up crying my eyes out and I payed in bed all day because it was just a reminder that I didn't have a boyfriend and in my dream it felt so good and so right and then it was all just a dream and it was horrendous.