1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pushing all my problems away

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by QuietFishy, Aug 29, 2015.

1. QuietFishy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know how to start this so I am just going to go straight into it. (sorry in advance if I ramble, I tend to do that)

Ever since I was a kid I have always pushed all my problems away never to think about them again. I have done this all throughout my life knowing its not healthy but continue doing it. I have always wondered why is this unhealthy and why is it a problem to run away from these problems. There has only been one problem I could not run away from and that of corse was my sexuality. I tried and tried to just forget it and not think about it but the more you try to forget it the more you think about it. But all of my problems my past relationships. I have pushed people really close to me away. I am now stuck where I am at pushing everything away. I now barley have any friends and the friends I do have I feel as if I will push them away also. I guess what I am asking is how do I get out of this habit of pushing everything that I like/don't like away. I have heard of people pushing everything away until they just like fall into depression and it all the emotions just hit them at once. I don't want this happening to me. I can think of multiple cases of the top of my head where I just push EVERYTHING away and ignore people I used to Love. I really started getting bad at it about summer of last year. I was hurt, not physically but mentally from people outing me and overall using. I let my walls down for them and they just tore me apart. I have a hard time trusting people now because I will end up pushing them away. I am so afraid to get hurt I just push it away and try to never think about it. Pleases help me get out of this before I just explode and push everything I love away.:help:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, without more details on what exactly you mean by pushing people and things away, the best thing I can suggest is that you seek out some counseling or other professional help. If you're recognizing that something you do is bad for you, is making your life worse and more stressful, and that you can't stop doing it by yourself, then it may be time to bring in outside help. Is counseling an option for you?