1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsa~?? >.<

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kiychii, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Kiychii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So! My high school has a GSA club, and I know that it's all like a good thing and all of that, and so I'm thinking about joining it.

Though, the thing is, I really don't know what at all happens at the club? I mean, I'm not an idiot - I know that it's a gay-straight alliance, but I'm really not sure just what... happens in the club. Like, are there activities or something? Or not? Ahh

So, um - what do you guys know? Is it something like a "fight/debate for rights", or... something else? Ahhh, I really don't know! :icon_redf

#1 Kiychii, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It all depends on your high school's GSA. Some schools do debates, some do games, some do facilitated discussions, some are just a place to hear about stories, some alternate between a whole bunch of things. You should check it out or maybe ask the teacher in charge what goes on at your local GSA.

I wasn't out in high school but at my Uni we had lunches together and talked about all sorts of things. At my current group (Aimed mostly at Queer Asians.) we have a pot luck dinner or coffee and we just have fun talking about all sorts of current events or things that don't even have to do with the gay/Asian community. Every once in a while we talk about LGBTQIA+ events that are happening or groups that may be of interest to someone.

Good luck!

3. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recommend just going. It won't be a bad thing. Just try it out. Or you can ask someone.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. Kiychii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ahh, okay! Thank all of you for what you've said, ehhe~ I really think I might join! Just as soon as the club meetings start... >.>

Oh! And YuriCore - woah, thanks for the link to your blog post! It was a nice read and really informative!! Thanks! (*hug*)

6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea, join! see what happens. a lot of clubs like that do different things for different schools. your situation is not any different. it's totally normal to feel nervous before going, so just be yourself, have fun.