1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Society is Crashing in on Me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DeadheadPride, Aug 30, 2015.

1. DeadheadPride

Hey, EC! Sorry for making a lot of threads, but I need some genuine advice. I know that I shouldn't care about this, but the fact that I don't fit society's definition of both "Male" and "Gay" is really bothering me and making me feel bad. It all sort of stems from the fact that I have never had a same-sex relationship, and I feel like I never will. Maybe I'm too young, or I just haven't found the right guy, or something, I don't know, but I feel like I'm not masculine like society says males should be, I'm not feminine like society says homosexual males should be, I'm just sort of in this awkward zone of, well... Being awkwardly me. I know I should own myself, and say "F*ck the stereotypes, I'm me!", but I just keep going back to the fact that I'm alone. Maybe I'm 13, and I'm too young to really date, or I'm too young to care about this, but I plan for the future, and it still bugs me I don't fit the molds. I feel like I'll never be loved, weather by friend or S/O, and I'll only be accepted by a select few. Any advice for me?

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People who matter don't mind, people who mind don't matter. Those select few that accept you are the ones who matter. Those who don't? Forget them, they're so unhappy with themselves they try to make others feel unhappy.

You're still young, got a lot of learning and growing to do. There is no right or wrong way to be gay. Gay is who you are, its not a set of rules. You just have to wait for the right time and someone great will come along. It might take a long while and a whole bunch of tries, you might get your heart broken more times than you can count on one hand but you'll find someone who is meant for you eventually.

Maybe there is someone out there that hasn't yet come out and they're hoping to meet someone just like you. Just hang in there.