1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outside looking in ( a loner looking in)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 25andconfused, Sep 2, 2015.

1. 25andconfused

Out Status:
    Some people
    this has probably been a widely discussed topic but i really want to get some advice on this. facts are that i have been a loner out of the closet or in i just am but nature, but i feel a real disconnect from the life i could be having. i'm 25 and 50/50 out of the closet and i really do not know where to start when it comes to being part of the LGBTQ... community i have always been participating in activism for our community but i am have never really been in the social scene. i know its sad but i live about 90 min east of new york city and i have never been to the village, i really havent been anywhere really when it comes to the social scene the most social i am ever is by going to gay and lesbian AA and NA meetings in my area and have been part of two GSA clubs, does anyone have any advice on how i can get to know people socially without hanging out in gay bars or clubs i really have no idea what to do ~ thanks, dan :help: :bang:

2. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something that worked for me when I moved to my current city was to look for Facebook groups around my preferred hobbies and fandoms, and to start going to their meetings. In hindsight, it's funny how fast I found myself with more friends than I know what to do with.

3. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Try looking on meetup! I was surprised by having a few LGBT groups in my general area.

There's also Facebook groups, and some good old fashioned hitting the dirt and going around to LGBT places. They're not always going to be bars and night clubs. Sometimes just particular businesses are known to be friendly.