1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In someone elses skin

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dee22, Sep 6, 2015.

1. dee22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, ive only posted on here once before but recently ive been a lot more comfortable in my skin and couldnt care less what people think cause im happy in my skinny jeans and boys tshirts so ive been out and bought a few more of the things im comfortable in and just feel i can then be true to me and my personality but when i put the clothes on that i would have worn only a couple months ago im just disgusted and hate the way it feels. They are not girlie as ive always been a tom boy from birth haha just vest tops or something with birds or a girlie imag on them. I look in the mirror and feel so fake.

The question is....is this sudden change normal? I thought it would gave been more gradual. Dont get me wrong im not butch but have had the odd old person walk into me and say "sorry son" despite a D chest lol :slight_smile:

2. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say it is quite normal. I think in general people go through style changes. I mean if I read this correctly you seem to have found some inner self-confidence and you may have figured out what you really like to wear. When I was in high school, I finally went shopping for myself and bought things I really wanted to wear. I felt more independent. Now when I see what I wore before I kind of laugh at how I ever wore what I wore. And yeah some people may never understand your look (like the old person), but you wear what makes you comfortable. :slight_smile:

3. dee22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Cheers. We all look back on styles and cringe im just happy to avoid feminine clothes now :slight_smile: