1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this strange feeling?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kevnes, Sep 6, 2015.

1. kevnes

kevnes Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hello all,

I have know this guy for about a year and we became very close and we share everything. We work at the same place and he is one hell of a great guy. I have helped him with some relationship advice and he has a potential girl friend now. I have had girl friends in the past and I am single now. Him and I are both straight but somehow got into making out like three weeks ago.. And when I say making out, they are passionate. Him and I never had any sexual affairs with the same sex before.

Now he is getting closer to his girl friend and I told him last night that this will end after tonight and gave him a goodbye kiss. I couldn't hold myself together for a while and I was so pissed at myself because I let him go. I want him to have a wonderful life with his girlfriend and I want him to be clean with her. And I don't want him to screw anything up in his life because of me.

He is a great guy and if I ever wanted to go down that way, he would be the one. I can't imagine that I am even thinking about that because I love women. He left a profound impact on me. How do I overcome my feelings for him and still be friendly with him because I don't want to lose his friendship because he needs me and I need him. I am his good luck charm. I want him to be happy in his life and I want to be happy too. I don't want to beat myself up with these feelings. Put in your thoughts please.

Cheers,
    Ness.

2. DAXIII

Let it go. Seriously. I'm sure you have what appears to be his best interest at heart and want to be close to make that happen.

As for the "should", sexuality isn't cut and dry. Some straight men fall for other guys and some gay guys Fall for women. You can't lump feelings into categories, you can barely even describe them with words.

Recognize your feelings for what they are, love. But transform them into wishing him well and wanting wants best for him, whatever that may be. But don't hold out hope that you two could be together, that doesn't pan out well.

Be happy that he is happy and be there for him.