1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should i Do?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nero360, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going back to school this week and i am super shy, insecure, and sensitive. And we are getting alot of new students this year. i don't i can handle that pressure and stress. What should i do?:confused::icon_sad:

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First of all, most new students are probably just as nervous as you are. The school is your home territory, they know very little about it. You could either avoid them entirely or try to make friends, some kids might not know their way around.

When my crush and later on partner [we dated for a good while] first started at my school for an exchange, they had no idea where any of their classes were and because I have this [false sense of] confidence, I showed them where their class was and that sparked a pretty good friendship where they made it their next job to figure out my name.

You could meet someone super cool just by being nice. I'm not saying you'll find a partner but you will find a friend. Don't sweat the small stuff. They're new and nervous and you probably know your way around school better than they do.

3. Simple Thoughts

Here's the thing

New students doesn't mean you have to talk to any of them right away. If you feel intimidated by new faces ( and I'm pretty socially awkard so I know your pain ) stick close to friends when you can.

Like with all things in life take everything one step at a time. You don't need to know every new student right away. Try interacting with the new students one at a time. Take baby steps. You might be surprised and make some wonderful new friends and strong connections.

New people isn't a bad or good thing. New people are new people. You've just got to find your comfort zone and your own personal space. Once you find that work at things one step at a time and don't let yourself get put into a position that makes you nervous or upset. :slight_smile:

4. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Nero360,

Now that it's been almost two months - how did it go? Did you get along with some of the newbies?

6. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really. But things have been a pretty good i suppose.