1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

armpit advice?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gasian, Sep 7, 2015.

1. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry, it just doesn't seem like it fits anywhere else.

I've never worn deodorant and cologne before. Mostly because I was stuck in a pool every other day, and I think the chlorine killed all the smelly bacteria. Now that I'm in college, I'm starting to smell a bit...off. I take twice daily showers, which helps with the smell a little bit, but I'm seriously just thinking of grabbing some deodorant just in case. Anybody have recommendations? I'd like to smell clean, but sexy/attractive is perfectly fine for me as well. I'm also pretty sure I'm super sensitive to harsh products as well. Water/sweat proof deodorant would be nice as well.

What's the difference between deodorant and cologne anyways?

Additionally, am I supposed to trim my armpit hair or something? I like to wear tanks, and there are a few parties going on next week...but it's totally acceptable for me to not trim/shave my pits, right? Or is this some social faux pas that I was not aware of?

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Cologne is an additional scent, to be used on all the body (it would only mask BO); deodorant makes sure you don't smell of BO and, ideally at least, doesn't make you smell of anything (maybe slightly).
    Maybe you could try anti-perspirant deodorant to stop you sweating.

It's up to you, but I would have said it was a given that all people over a certain age should use deodorant, unless they miraculously never smell.

Also... don't use lynx deodorant (really, DON'T) and, yes, it's fine not to shave under your arms - in my opinion, doing so is a bit strange without good reason.

#2 Connorcode, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  3. Really

4. CraikNakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I try to wear deodorant everyday because I'm embarrassed if I smell like a smelly boy, (to be honest though some boys' smell really turns me on :lol:slight_smile:. but I like to use old spice, but the fruitier ones that come in the white containers, the red ones are too "manly" for me. but you don't have to get one that smells, they have scent free ones but that's no fun.. just go to the ailse of the store that has deodorant and find one you like.

for cologne though be really careful. if you wear too much its so overpowering and awful for anyone near you and some people are even allergic but just the right amount can be real nice. a little bit goes a long way.

#4 CraikNakes, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015