1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overly attached?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gamer4now, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok so I'm in a stage of my life where I'm figuring out a lot of things and one of them I think is because I'm to attached to the people I meet. I don't mind of their strangers but someone I've atleast know for a while if they move or etc it devastates me. I get bursts of sadness and it's hard to deal with. Any advice?

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It's normal to get really sad when friends move away and things like that, that happens. What's important is that you cherish the time you spend with your friends. I know that sounds cliché but it's true.
    But as for getting really attached to your friends, I think it's also important that you take time for yourself too. It's great to have friends of course, but sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in friends and the attention they give you and if they make you feel better being around them. So it's important that you have friendships with people, but also try to have alone time with yourself because it's important to know how to appreciate life just being alone too. This might help.
    As for the bursts of sadness, try to keep yourself busy doing things you like to do, working on projects you want to do, or whatever interests you. It's totally okay to feel sad though. Sometimes you just need to let it all out and be sad because it's perfectly fine and normal to not be okay all the time. No one is. But just try to keep your head up and remember that you have a great life ahead of you and even though friends move away sometimes and that's hard, you still have some friends in your life and people who care about you and you're bound to meet new and wonderful people in the future who are going to impact your life.