1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP??? So stressed I'm having breakdowns???

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by StaticDragon, Sep 8, 2015.

1. StaticDragon

SORRY IF THIS SEEMS LIKE A REALLY LONG POST! Summary is at the bottom, if you don't want an infuriating story. But tbh, I had to vent my anger out here. (o-o)

Everyone in the entire planet knows that school is stressful. I know that. But this year I think I'm having the WORST time of my life, and I think it may be actually breaking down my mental sanity.

There's this teacher. Let's call her Ms. L.

Ms. L is this thick, black lady with this weird hairstyle of a million tiny dreads (which I admit, kinda looks cool in a way), and a fashion sense that could rival a thrift store. She's legally deaf (HAHA, lots of 'legally blind' jokes there), and I'm pretty sure she has short term memory, or something that makes her forget a lot of things and makes her think she's done this or that when she actually hasn't. She's probably around 5'3 or 5'4, which makes me just a few inches shorter. And she talks in a way where she skips a few words or stutters and repeats herself, which makes it hard for me to understand her sometimes.

And I have never wanted a teacher to have a heart attack during class so much.

I love helping people. Well, I'm not good socially, but helping people transport things and carry errands is something I like. Actually, today, some guy's car was stuck on the side of my street near my house, and he asked for a bobby pin (which I gladly gave, seeing as he was in distress [I don't know why he needed a bobby pin though, but I did give him one]). Anyways, I try to be kind to people and follow the 'what goes around comes around' rule. It's kinda in my blood to help others.

When I have new teachers for my classes, I try to act as respectful as I can, but I'm not a soldier. I joined Yearbook/Leadership (which is a class where you help edit the yearbook and take pictures, as well as do favors for teachers around campus), and I play trumpet in band. The thing is though, sometimes I pressure myself too much, seeing as I freak out when I have a B in any subject I'm in (I can't believe that I'm so stressed out over a B???? It's quite dramatic, but I do freak out). Anyways--

I'm in one of the higher math classes (let's call it advanced algebra, because I don't want a kid in my school to realize it's me) because I'm apparently one of the better kids in math. There's two teachers for AA, and I got Ms. L.

First day, this lady is absolutely unorganized, more unorganized than my room. She's skipping math lessons, and giving us composition books with no explanation (later we learned it was for warm-ups and certain assignments). She gives us this 'Who I Am' worksheet, that you can fill out and even draw your own self portrait. Then, she gives us a form to sign.

This is where my hatred begins.

Next day, being the good lil student I am, I have my dad sign it and the signed slip is torn off from the sheet. "Pass the slip," she says, and I do. But, there are kids who forgot to cut off the slip, and start tearing it off.

She immediately says, "You shoulda torn that piece o' paper off yestaday," in the most disgusted voice, "if you keep on doin' that, and bein' unprepared, Imma gonna have to give you an F."

The little voice in my head goes, "Bruh."

Soon, she gathers the slip and the Who I Am worksheet. Day done.

Skip several days, and I'm thinking, "This class is so boring. The teacher can't even teach." At this point, the class has most of their books, except our math books, because our designated math teacher has to take us to the library to get them.

"Take out ya math books," Ms. Lee spits, as she stands in front of the projector.

Several students raise their hands. "But the library said that we have to get our books from you-"

"UH-UH. You're supposed to come prepared fo' class. How many of you don't have their math books?"

My anger tolerance meter goes down here.

The whole class raises their hands up. Ms. Lee looks surprised. "Really?" We nod our heads, and some even mumble a small yes.

"Well, yo' gonna have to go back to the library and get yo books."

<Please insert my face here, which resembles the 'squinting-at-you-and-judging-you' face.>

So after school, me and my two friends go to the library and get our books.

The next week, we are taken to the library by Ms. Lee. When I already have my books.

What. The. Hell.

Next week, we get the test results back. "Yo' gonna be so angry at yo'self," she smirks and shakes her head. At this point, I'm thinking she's one of those strict, very disappointing teachers. "Most of you bombed the test." (Later I realize she uses 'bomb' as a negative word.)

We get multiplication times tables tests for the next week.

We take another test. This time, a student asks about the extra credit part of the test. My friend (the one who came earlier to the library w/ me) is about to reply when-

"ARE YOU STILL TAKING THE TEST???" she practically yells across the room. He nods.

"YOU GET A ZERO FOR TALKING."

ARE YOU F----KN KIDDING ME YOU ABSOLUTE--

Anger. Pure anger at this woman, who is angry at a guy who was trying to help someone out. She is soooo dramatic about it, practically Phoenix-Wright-yelling at him. I want to scream at this woman. And yes, I know she thinks that they were cheating but, would a person who cheats on tests really be in the advanced algebra class???

For the next few days or so, I start fantasizing about yelling at the teacher and practically venting at her. Why yelling and not just plain punching? Over the past few days, she also yells at students for 'not listening at the directions', when they're across the room from where she is. And she can't even understand us when we're talking. (I researched it up; apparently she may also be violating our right to speak, under the constitution. Amazing.) She yelled at a kid for trying to ask which assignment requires us only to do the even numbers, and she YELLED at him. SHE DIDN'T EVEN TELL US WHICH ASSIGNMENT EITHER, SO SHE COULDN'T SAY HE WASN'T LISTENING, AND YET SHE DID. HATREEEEEDDDDD-----

Earlier, she said she also doesn't give extra credit 'because to me, you're not an A or a B student--'

YES. SHE SAID SHE DOESN'T GIVE EXTRA CREDIT WHEN ON THAT TEST EARLIER SHE HAD A SECTION FOR EXTRA CREDIT.

AMAZING.

Today, she told a student if she had no math textbook, she would have to get one from another student from another period. I tried telling her that it's against the rules to share textbooks because it's registered under a different student's name, BUT SHE WOULDN'T LISTEN AND INSTEAD SAID 'I don't check the names on the book, blahblahblaaaaah-- as long as you trust the student-'

NO. THIS IS NOT ABOUT TRUSTING THE STUDENT. IT IS ABOUT HOW IT ACTUALLY BREAKS THE RULES SET BY THE LIBRARY AND THE SCHOOL ITSELF, BUT NO, HER SKULL'S TOO FRICKIN THICK TO LISTEN. We have those rules because students were blaming other students for breaking textbooks, because they borrowed it or whatever, but no, because she's the teacher, she's always right. Practically the same thing as 'the customer is always right, even when they're wrong.'

ANYWAYS, IN A SMALL SUMMARY-

Ever since that first day of school, it's common for me to have at least 2-3 breakdowns a week, sometimes I've had four in one day. My grade in her class is an A- which isn't too bad, but I was hoping for an A+ for my report card, to complete the straight A+ streak I have going on. And I've been stressed about that A- just because I don't think I can get it to an A+ before this semester because of how the teacher acts (again, she actually violates minor rights under the constitution, about how we have the right to speak as long as we don't disrupt the class, or it's bad behavior).

I just don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure I can't switch classes because the staff may think that 'I just hate the teacher a lot', which a lot of students do. I just can't stand the pressure, and I can't stand how she's absolutely thick in the skull. My mom actually pulled out a gray hair from my head last night, which isn't the first one she's pulled out since school started. I don't know if I can stand her anymore. Ms. L is infuriating. Could someone help me on what to do????

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Talk to a more important teacher. Report her. Tell your frustrations to someone who can do something about it.

These were my immediate thoughts. Otherwise, there aren't many other solutions that I can provide you with.

If you are having regular breakdowns and these teachers aren't helping the situation, you really should tell someone so you can get yourself, your grades and your teachers sorted out.

PS all these "breaches of the Constitution" are just the universal characteristics of an average ass hole teacher.

#2 Connorcode, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  3. Really

I would document all this, minus the emotions, and then find out how to make a formal complaint. (Keep a copy, of course.) iI there is a description of this course which indicates its for university prep, take a copy of that and highlight this section. You're just looking out for your future.

I'm guessing your parents pay taxes so the school board owes you this education.

4. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That all sounds normal to me.

My teachers are all the same or worse.