1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to hide being gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Serperior, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Sooooo my mom just asked me if I had a girlfriend and the way she said it makes me think she knows, hopefully it's just my paranoia but I have a gut feeling she knows that I like guys... Any tips on how to deceit her into thinking I'm into girls.

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think lying to her would do you any good. If you're not ready to come out then just kind of brush off her questions. If she asks you again about a girlfriend then tell her you're not interested in anyone right now.

3. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I disagree you should feel no shame In Trying to hide many people have and many people will continue to do so. Everyone is scared it is completely you choice to decide to come out or not. The only thing I could recommend is just ignore them or say "there is this one girl..." I've done that several times.

4. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    That's actually what I did but I didn't give names ;P my moms liberal but my dads conservative so I'm not ready to come out

thanks thats what im prob gonna do

#4 Serperior, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
  5. Stevie of Sorts

Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to tell you, but hiding the fact that you're gay is really hard. It's like telling a straight person to pretend they're gay, and to keep it up for a long time. Sooner or later, it'll come out by accident. One experience I had, when I was younger, I remember trying hard to convince these two girls in my class that I wasn't gay. Right after I said "Oh no, I'm totally not gay!" a girl walked by and I accidentally thought out loud, "Oh, wow, that girl is really cute." They looked at me side eyed and I continued, "Yeah, so I'm not gay.":lol::roflmao: I'd agree with the others. If you're not ready to come out, just brush off her questions until she just stops asking. 'Cause if you don't, that facade will most definitely break after a while. Good luck!

6. DAXIII

Just say you're not looking for love at the moment. Blanket statement that gives nothing away. It's not like it's their business anyway.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is about the best misdirection you can use. You are navigating a complicated area, in that parents response to their kids coming out is unpredictable. In general, honesty is usually the best policy, but you have to consider, at your age, the potential impact of coming out.

8. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell her "I'm a free spirit! You can't cage this bird!"