1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Conscious

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayOtaku, Sep 10, 2015.

1. GayOtaku

Hey, I just want to talk to somebody, and get this off my chest really.

So, I am a male, 15 years old. And I feel unattractive, ugly, fat, unappealing, big. Basically every negative opinion one self could have. I feel like no guy would ever look at me twice. I'm so self conscious of my body, because I feel fat, and am fat. I weight 12 stone, and even after losing 1 stone 8 pounds, I STILL feed unattractive.

I'm sick of the 'fat' jokes my family and friends make. It isn't a daily basis joke but it happens probably 1-2 times a week.

I am self conscious of my body. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I hate my ass/bum/bottom, it's too big, and it isn't attractive. I hide behind jackets and jumpers. I never take them off, if I get the chance not to. Even if it's boiling hot, I would rather sweat a bit more, then take it off and reveal my body. I feel like everyone stares at me in a negative way if I get up and walk around without any jacket on.

There's other guys in my year who are so more attractive, and I think to myself 'Why would any guy choose me over them?'

Sorry for the long text, thanks for reading. Just needed to get that off my chest.

Any advice is welcome.

2. DAXIII

I'd say attractiveness is largely dependent on the person. Some people like thin, some muscle, and others plushy. I am one of those people who likes them to be plushy. :slight_smile:

The only reason I would advocate losing weight would be for health reasons. It puts too much stress on your body, more than it needs. But not for appearance.

Bear in mind that the standard of beauty has changed throughout the years so it's pretty much based on personal opinion. Even if everyone in the world believes something that doesn't make it true. The whole world could say you are a fat pig, but that doesn't make them right. It's after all just an opinion, not fact. There are plenty of guys who are into big guys, trust me on this one. I used to think no one would ever look at me twice, that I was hideous because I didn't look like some muscles model on a magazine cover. But it took good people to tell me I had my own version of beauty, one I didn't even notice until they pointed it out to me.

So don't beat yourself up. In my experience there's just more to love about big guys. You're not fat, you're plushy.

3. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They'd choose you over them because personality. Be a cool person to be around, talk about things you're passionate about, that's what attracts me to 99% of my partners. Nothing is a better turn-on than hearing someone talk about things that excite them.

Also, you could look into taking up a sport or something if its bothering you that badly, sports are a fun way to lose weight but also keep fit and its a lot safe than dieting. I played soccer, softball and basketball back when I was concerned with my weight. I've learned to stop caring as much because at the end of the day, if someone can't get past your appearance, they don't deserve the actual person.