1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex ed?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gamer4now, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok so I didn't know where to post this so it's here now.

So I have health now and I'm just wondering what to do when the sex talk comes around. My parents have never had the talk with me yet so this is new to me. I'm not the one to snicker or laugh at this kind of thing because I feel it's important for everyone's physical and sexual health. But then there's me I know some things out of it I can still use like condoms lube etc. but what about the rest it's just a little annoying especially in now-adays with more lgbt acceptance and more people feeling more comfortable to come out. So I'm just really out of it and I know we'll have tests on this and it's hard to remember this stuff that doesn't have any meaning to me.

2. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I have my first health class this year too! *high five*

We're not having sex ed until spring (after spring break) so I'd guess that you won't either? There's lots of things other than sex that you talk about in health like drugs, alcohol, smoking, nutrition, etc. (My guidance counselor is teaching health so we're doing lots of meditating right now... it's weird)

I wouldn't worry about it right now and since we're just 13 I doubt there'll be tests just yet. We're just going to touch on it at the end of the year but again I have no clue what your agenda is. Maybe ask your teacher? Since it's the beginning of the school year I'd say that's a pretty valid and inconspicuous question. :slight_smile:

3. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Is it called health or did they specifically call it sex ed? In my 7th grade year all we talked about was drugs/drinking/smoking in health so you may not have to worry about it this year. If you aren't out to your parents then just act mature and how you would act if you were straight.

4. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    *high fives* Yeah! But anyways our P.E teachers are teaching health so their pretty straight forward and assertive. We have been given a heads up from the teachers that this would be the year or atleast last year they kinda told us.

But all of last year we talked about drugs and alcohol so it might be the same for this year for the students who didn't have health last year but if that's the case then damn. Especially since all my teacher did last year was give us a workbook and watch stupid useless videos.
    I'm not saying that I didn't get anything from it, yeah some of it was confusing but it's not very worth it if we're going to do that agaiinnnnnn.:tears:

#4 Gamer4now, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not sure if I fully understand your worries ? Is it not to remember everything for the test, it to be boring or you feeling off cause it's going to be based mostly on 'straight sex' ?

In my country we have sex-ed class from the age of 11/12 till about 18 when we get out of high school so by the age of 14, not only do we know any single things that there is to know about sex, AIDS, contraceptive and pregnancy we become increasingly sick of it ( So imagine at 18 after having heard the same speech for 6 or 7 years straight !)
    If your worry is not to be able to remember much of it, don't worry you will because it really isn't that complicated and it can pretty much be wrapped up in an hour.
    If it's it to be boring, well it will eventually if your class is only about it for hours on end, but hey, as you said it's important.
    But if it's about it being mostly based on straight sex then well, they might (probably will) mention homosexuality/bisexuality etc... but for my experience those classes mostly focus on different type of contraceptions, AIDS and other STD's and menstruations and pregnancy.

Don't worry too much sex-ed used to be one of my favourite class/hour cause things often get funny and you do learn a few things along the way. :wink:

6. xfinitycomcast

My own sex-ed experience is pretty much just a load of crap. The entire few years of sex-ed can be condensed into a short course that doesn't take long. It's also largely hetero-based (not that that's a bad thing).
    Don't stress too much about it, it's pretty much just a bludge subject. (Is bludge used outside of Australia? It means easy or joke)