1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok so here it goes.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gamer4now, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does anyone else put on a 'mask' at school? And I don't mean acting straight, I mean just in general.. It's hard to explain. But in school I always try my best and don't seem to be doing very well. At home it's hard for me very hard, and I don't have any real friends to talk to. I feel like I'm just out of it, going with the flow but not in a good way just kinda being pushed around. I always laugh and act funny but I feel I might be a depressed or bipolar. Sometimes I feel depressed wanting to curl up and die, but other times I feel genuinely happy then the next few days or a week I'll just be sad. I really don't know what to do I just feel useless and I don't want to live with my family anymore. I want to say something but there's no way I'll ever do it, it's like I don't control myself anymore.:tears:

Sorry for the constant posts I just have a lot in my plate for a 13 year old.

#1 Gamer4now, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to have 3 masks, one I'd put on for school, one for church and the last one for when I get home. I was 3 different people until I graduated highschool, I then molded myself into 1.

My school mask would fake being a tough and quick to stick up to a bully yet happy, caring kid who just wanted to party and have fun.

My mask at church would fake being a laid-back, heterosexual, bible reading kid.

Finally, my mask at home would be that everything was okay, I wouldn't tell my family about how many slurs people yelled at me or how many times I almost got into a fight or about getting kicked out of my class room for "disrupting the class".

After highschool, I became a trouble maker who was quick to stand up against bullies and I also liked to chill out while at parties. I think in school, you're still trying to figure out who you are, you might want to check out a guidance counselor at your school. They're pretty helpful for talking out stress and bouncing ideas off.

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I do- for many reasons, and in many different ways. I get you.

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going so well right now, or as well as I wish it could be for you. But you have time and you have the support you need and I know you're going to get through all this. You are definitely not going to be stuck where you are- physically or mentally- forever. I suggest that if you really are feeling very out of it and find it difficult to control yourself or what's going on, to find a counsellor to talk to, or a trusted (maybe adult) friend. Some helplines can be useful too, and I know there are some organizations such as the Samaritans who offer email support lines as well, if you, like me, are not too into the idea of talking on the phone. As for friends it's okay to be in a bit if spot where you feel like you don't have any real friends- been there, it sucked, but it passed too. Try finding a few things you're interested in doing, either immerse yourselves in them or find local extra curricular clubs you might like and meet some people there. Best of luck.

And of course don't apologize for constant posting. Feel free to keep posting on here if it helps.

4. missingmouse

missingmouse Guest

Don't ever worry about posting too much, that's what EC is for.

True friends are very hard to come by. Especially friends that you can completely open up with and be totally honest with. See the wonderful thing about EC is you can find people who you can open up too and they won't judge because a lot of us are going through the same things that you are. And even though we might seem as strangers on the internet, some of us truly care about others so don't ever be afraid to reach out. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

5. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi :slight_smile: we cannot diagnose a person as having Major Depressive Disorder or Bipolar Disorder just based on the highlighted areas. Experiencing a period of sadness to be followed by a period of happiness can in fact be normal. When a person experiences progressive depressive or sad thoughts this is perceived by our Brain as an attack on our Ego (psyche). Therefor to overcome this it employs various defense mechanisms, while on the organic level it may cause natural upregulation of certain neurotransmitters. Hence, the period of "happiness".

If you do however believe that you may suffer from any of the said Disorders. Please see a competent and licensed Psychiatrist who can diagnose you properly based on prescribed criterion--- supporting signs and symptoms. Ultimately if indeed diagnosed, he or she can then accord you the various modalities of treatment best suited for your case.

6. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, this.

I would highly encourage you to have your parents find a therapist for you, if that is not an option, a good starting point is a school counselor, someone to talk to and they caneed sometimes help mediate with your parents to get you what you need.

7. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I try to act cheerful and optimistic as much as possible, regardless of how I'm actually feeling. Sometimes I see that I have made someone a bit more happy and confident and then I actually feel a bit better.

8. mannamae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok so here it goes
    I didn't think that as soon as I came to the conclusion of me being bisexual,i was going to change for ever.
    Like I shit you not, I look at one hot sexy guy at my school now and for some reason, I want his dick.

I feel especially horny now and every time I masturbate I have to do one sess for a straight sex, and one for a gay, or both.
    Like if I knew that becoming bi would make you this horny I would have done it a long time ago

9. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's normal to wear masks. Everyone does it. Literally everyone. Everyone can go through mood swings as well. Last week I was happy, this week, I feel really down. While there might be triggering aspects, in my case, it really seems to happen as a seesaw would. I put my mask on so that my friends don't think anything is wrong. There are many different masks you can wear, but they are easy to get lost behind. I recommend finding a sturdy friend of which you can trust.

10. heyKittie

I feel like I sometimes wear masks too. At church, I also have to act like a happy heterosexual teen.I act similarly at school, and at home I have to act like that for sure, as my parents are conservative christians. I think this is a common problem for lgbt teens, but don't worry, it will get better. :slight_smile: You will find people to support you, especially on EC. Sometimes I want to run away or cry or live with my best friend. But I hang in there, and get out my feelings by posting here, or reading others problems and helping them. I'm always available to talk. Just know that there's nothing wrong with you and you're amazing and you don't have to act "normal" to fit in! <3