1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with extreme insecurity?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 3n, Sep 13, 2015.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Basically for the past two years i've just been hating everything about myself. (My music choices, how i play guitar, how i look, how i smile, how i walk, how i talk, etc.)
    I know im just being stupid and everything (blah blah blah) but how do i just ignore it? Again, i've tried, but i just can't help it (Is it a part of growing up or something like that?)

2. Mero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It comes with the ability to say "no" to things. Saying no helps build up personal boundaries. Say no when you hate on yourself.
    I've noticed what insecurity has done with my life.
    I locked myself away from risks and became suicidal.
    But I've realized...
    There's only one way to avoid ever getting into dangerous situations, and that's to avoid any king of situation. Lock yourself away from the world. Don't ever do anything interesting. Don't Grow. Don't Change. And what sort of life is that?
    REASSURE yourself.
    That's how I got through middle school.
    "YES I AM OUT OF SHAPE, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? COMPLAINING WON'T MAKE ME FEEL BETTER NAKED." Is what I used to motivate my jogging routine.
    I've never smiled because I hated how awkward I looked.
    Until my friend told me I should smile more because I've had a cute smile.
    And to this day I still barely speak because I hate my voice.
    But it is an obstacle, and unless I want to get stuck, I'm going to break through it.

#2 Mero, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I used to be really insecure about myself physically & mentally. I think though, as you grow older you start to give less fucks about what other people think & really focus on you because you're what's important, you are who you have to live with, might as well make peace with yourself. :slight_smile: Even if you can't make yourself believe it, fake it till you make it or better yet, fake it till you become it. You can't really ignore your insecurities but you do have to find a balance of comfort within yourself enough to say "hey, I'm alright. :slight_smile:". Doing something rewarding really helps imo. Like you say you play guitar right? For me, when I learn a new song it's definitely rewarding because I'm enhancing this skill. It could be anything really. :slight_smile: Goodluck to you.