1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be going to see a gender therapist...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Megan335, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Megan335

So I wrote like 4 paragraph letter to my parents about how I feel (longest I have ever wrote to them), it basically dealt with how much them not wanting to talk to me about stuff and what I feel a lot of the time (depression, dysphoria, anxiety, and doubt) and about how I have trouble falling asleep.

Anyway they took it seriously and are going to try to switch my therapist to someone who deals more with transgender people and helping them out, my current therapist is not experienced in that area (she helped a ton with my depression when it first started a while back, she was very nice, going to miss her :icon_sad:slight_smile:

So I read up on gender therapists and I saw that they can help with the transition process some I think, which I do want to get started with HRT, even with all my doubts( but if I did not want to be a girl, why would I be suffering from depression and anxiety about it?).

I was wondering if anyone had some insight or experience with gender therapists. I am a bit worried because I know I who I want to be and what kind of person I am and want kind of a girl I will be like and I don't want to be told by them that I am not a girl. I just don't want them to think because I don't want to wear this or that or put on this amount of makeup that I am not a girl, I know many people here have told me that does not make me any less of a girl, but I am afraid they will....

Oh and thanks for the support on here, it means a lot to me :slight_smile:

#1 Megan335, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my experience, my gender therapist helped me to make sense of my doubts. She also helped me make the final decision on if medically transitioning was for me. She also wrote me my letters and gave me other information that helped me to get records changed.

I would talk to your therapist about your doubts, because you want to be sure about hormones.Going on hormones is a big decision, and can cause changes that are you cannot change back if you decide they are not for you.

3. Megan335

A lot of my doubts come from me being worried about how I will be looked at in society and well how I will look and sometimes it makes me not want to start HRT, but I know that I will not really be happy if I do not start transitioning some how. I guess that is all normal really...

Also me be worried about how I will handle my body when i transition..it will all be new to me and will take time to get use to doing stuff I would normally not have to do as a guy...

#3 Megan335, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015