1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Best Friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by IamRosie, Sep 14, 2015.

1. IamRosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Kay, so my best friend and I are really close and a while ago she started teasing me by getting all close and acting like she was into me, although she said she was straight.

I eventually told her that i had feelings for her and she was fine with it, things then became different between us until one day we had a sleepover and, well, things went too far.

She then said she thinks she is Pansexual and we continued to stay very close, however, when I asked her out she said no.

Recently I told her that I think I'm genderqueer and we had a fight because she thinks she is transphobic and doesn't know how to react.

Now she is pissed at me because of one of our fights and she said she only fucked me because she didn't want me to leave her because she needed someone to talk to.

I feel like sh's just manipulating and using me. I feel like she doesn't care, she said I'm too clingy and annoying, but she also said that she still wants to be friends.

I just don't know how to cope with this, we are both extremely depressed and suicidal, she said she was in hospital for overdosing on paracetamol but I don't know if it was true or not. :bang:

What should I do, she doesn't know how she feels, I still love her. :help:

Please help and thank you for actually taking time to bother reading this, it means a lot xx

2. IrishJ

Good evening Rosie,

If you are both feeling suicidal/depressed - might not be the best time to be working on a relationship without help, therapist, counseling? Hopefully you can work towards a better mental state for both you and your friend. - J

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, Rosie. I hope you're safe when this reaches you. Your safety matters. You matter.
    (*hug*)

As JohnVegas said above, professional help would probably do you both a lot of good if you aren't getting it already, and to talk about your relationship with her. This relationship needs working on, or maybe even some distance so you can both collect yourselves. It isn't good if you are fighting and all, since it's likely to trigger deep depression and suicidal thoughts.

Remember that all things said in the heat of things aren't calm and are often exaggerated and so on, to hurt or whatever.

She said some horrible things to you. Do you think she could get over that and stop doing that to you? Maybe you could tell her that's not okay or so?

I think, if you aren't already, getting professional help is the most important thing.

Take care of yourself. You matter and I'm sure you have lots of potential.
    Hugs.

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

You may want to consider a bit of distance between you and your friend. I know doing that isn't easy, especially when you're really good friends. But it might be what's best for both of you. You can still be friends of course but I don't think pursuing anything further would be a good idea for your own sake and for hers, as the above commenters said.
    She's probably acting the way she is out of insecurity and confusion. That being said, that's no excuse for her to treat you like that and lead you on. She isn't just going to get better at not doing that over night, so just keep that in mind going forward. Even though you like her, it's also important to think about what's better for your own well-being. Either way, I would say she's not ready for a relationship. Professional help would probably be a good thing to consider as the others said, I'm sure it could help a lot. I'm sorry you're going through this. Best wishes<3

#4 bubbles123, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  5. IamRosie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for all the support and advice, I am getting professional help although it doesn't seem to be doing a lot, she is getting some help too. I think I will talk to her and get a little distance so we don't trigger each other. Thank you so much for the help everyone (&&&) xx