1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Casual

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bruh, Sep 15, 2015.

1. bruh

bruh Guest

I've recently decided to stop trying to be in a relationship. Instead I would rather meet someone, hookup with them, and keep going on with my life. Every now and then one of us would call the other and we'd have sex. Another thing is that i'd like to do this with more than one person. Honestly, I dont see how this is a bad thing. It saves time, money, and a lot of heartbreak. Essentially, i'd really prefer a casual sex type thing. My question is, is that really so wrong? I mean, the reason i came up with this is to save myself emotional pain. I've wasted a lot of time pining over people and i dont wanna go thru that again.

2. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

It's not wrong in itself. But I would ask myself if that was what I seriously wanted or I'm just running from the emotions I can't deal with.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong with it - As long as you go about it safely!!!

And remember that you may develop feelings for one or more of those people, which would also lead to heartache if things go sour. A friend with benefits "relationship" isn't for everyone though. I know I get emotionally attached, so it will never work for me. But whatever blows your hair back, lol.

Another thing to remember: Seeing as YOU are going to have more than one FWB, those people may have others apart from you too, which greatly increases the risk factors. So like I said in my opening statement: As long as you go about it safely, there's nothing wrong with it.

I hope you find amazing people who will be happy with this arrangement, and treat you with respect. Good luck and have (safe) fun!

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As stated, be safe.

There are so many activities that can help let off steam and stress, relax and have fun with. Casual sex is one of them. It is great a distracting yourself from the daily grind, provides a great workout, can lead to friendships and is a lot of fun!

I do believe it is quite different than physical intimacy with someone you care about. Different emotions, different feelings and an altogether different experience.

But each one has their role. No reason not to embrace it.

5. Aviator182

It's definitely not wrong if that's what you want. You have to do what makes you happy. As long as your safe and open about it.

6. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't need our nor anyone's validation. If this is what you really want, and as long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, knock yourself out.